gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 06:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  cracked my dirtbike( great news)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: cracked my dirtbike( great news)  (Read 6399 times)

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
Re: cracked my dirtbike
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 07:47 PM »
4down got back to me today and they are gonna replace my dirtbike foc  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

only thing is the dirtbike is discontinued so may not be available so may have to choose another s&m frame

just gotta decide what i want

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: cracked my dirtbike( great news)
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2010, 07:51 PM »
result  :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2010, 08:03 PM »
Hey hey, thats alright. Good old 4down/S&M

After everything we said about buying from decent companies I was worried that they might just tell you to stuff it up your ass
 :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:  :LolLolLolLol:

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2010, 08:42 PM »
Get an ATF...  :daumenhoch:

Andy

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2010, 08:46 PM »
Randy Brown or Cam Wood

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2010, 08:59 PM »

get an FBM

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2010, 09:01 PM »
lol alex i never had any worry that they wouldnt sort something out, one of the reasons why we love s&m bikes

as for what frame to go for here is my dilema

the reason i bought a dirtbike and not any other frame is cause i wanted a strong 5lb frame esp after i killed my l.a.f

so if no dirtbike is avalible it leaves me with a choice of a atf, ltf, cardona, randy brown, cam wood or a stricker

now a atf is the base model most of the pro signature frames have started from so it dont seem very special to me

a cam wood has 10mm dropouts so thats out of the question

my best mate has a randy brown so dont really want the same as him

not too keen on the l.t.f dont know why

so it leaves the stricker (which im not to keen on the whole anchor thing)

or a cardona

now whatever i go for i doubt ill be able to get it in yellow, so do i change my colour scheme or get the frame repainted, id really like to keep my colour scheme as its different and ive grown bored of black, also whatever i get it must have gyro tabs
gonna have to have a good think about it
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 09:17 PM by kev s »

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2010, 09:21 PM »
ask em for a T1  instead, you have enough S&M's  :LolLolLolLol:

I would go for an ATF and get a custom colour, thus making it special  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2010, 09:59 PM »
you never can have enough s&m's :LolLolLolLol:

keep looking at the atf and painting it a custom colour wont make it special its a bit like a pbr, just a basic no frills frame , it does the job but never has that special thing about it

why cant i have another yelow dirtbike frame :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

beringer should have a signature frame then id have one of those

SaMAlex

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2010, 10:34 PM »
I'll send you pics of my ATF ...... when it finally gets here! (Its a custom one, there's not another one like it. Even down to the colour)

(and it'll be NOTHING like a PBR!)

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2010, 10:39 PM »
tbh guys i'd say most of the new frames can crack and i know this

through first hand experiance, my lad is 18 and a full on rider and so

are his mates and trust me through all of them they crack everything,

they all ride top brand frames but it's the nature of the beast that out of

so many hundred frames manufatured one or two have a defect and they crack,

i really dont think it's any blame at any frame but bad luck and that's it :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2010, 10:58 PM »
alex u have me interested  :LolLolLolLol:

if s&m didnt do the whole customised frame thing then a standard atf would be like a pbr

i dont think i can have a custom built frame, as basicly mine is a warranty replacement so i can only choose a standard frame and not have one custom built, which tbh dosent bother me as long as its a good strong frame

if i cant get another dirtbike then it looks like ill get a cardona

SaMAlex

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2010, 11:17 PM »
alex u have me interested  :LolLolLolLol:

if s&m didnt do the whole customised frame thing then a standard atf would be like a pbr

No current S&M frames are like the PBR, esp the ATF. I didnt like my PBR at all. I switched back to a challenger after that beast. It had massive dropouts, big gussets and it weighed a ton.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2010, 11:31 PM »
im not comparing the atf and pbr in weight, dropout size etc...

what i was getting at is it seems like to me that the standard off the shelf atf from the current s&m range is a no frills frame just like the pbr was

but once you start customising it its like your own signature frame as its the basis of all the s&m pro signature frames :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2010, 11:37 PM »
what i was getting at is it seems like to me that the standard off the shelf atf from the current s&m range is a no frills frame just like the pbr was

A no frills frame ......... like the dirtbike was, in the 90s and the new one.

I think you are underselling the ATF. They are very nice. I dont like very short back ends or seat stay brake mounts. Other than that, mine is "off the shelf". I think my LAF is more basic than the ATF.

Andy

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2010, 11:39 PM »
Does the new Stricker still have the Anchor? I thought they had got rid of that for his new frame,

if you are a burly rider i would go with the Stricker over a Cardona

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2010, 11:53 PM »
i know the dirtbike is a no frills frame but the dirtbike has the history of being a classic s&m, the camwood, cardona etc.. are those riders sig frames so they will always have that connection, the atf dosent have any connection thats kinda what im getting at

its not about the actual frame, more the history/ connection to riders which makes some frames feel more special, i think thats what im getting at bit like a mk1 or a ramp room condor is more special than a taiwain built one

if i can have a custom frame then a atf could be a contender because it would be special to me

im currently riding a mcneil with a 20.75tt and a short back end, im so used to a 21in tt and a 14in rear end that i thought i wouldnt like it but it feels quite good

the stricker still has the anchor but it is cut into the rear seat stay tube so isnt as obivous and can be covered with a sticker if i wanted

Andy

« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2010, 12:09 AM »
just out of interest as 4down are sorting it, could you not get a Fit frame, the new S4 frame is pretty decent, Mikey Aitken sig so couldn't ask for more, If I were getting a new frame that would be top of my list

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2010, 12:12 AM »
proberbly but i want another s&m, been riding s&m's for 18 years and still love em :daumenhoch:

SaMAlex

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2010, 09:59 PM »
i know the dirtbike is a no frills frame but the dirtbike has the history of being a classic s&m, the camwood, cardona etc.. are those riders sig frames so they will always have that connection, the atf dosent have any connection thats kinda what im getting at

its not about the actual frame, more the history/ connection to riders which makes some frames feel more special, i think thats what im getting at bit like a mk1 or a ramp room condor is more special than a taiwain built one

OK, I think ive worked out what you are saying. The PBR wasnt any riders sig frame, it didnt become a "classic" S&M, and it didnt have any thing really special about it. You are saying that the ATF is a bit like that. (btw, Do you see the LAF in the same way?)

I understand what you mean but I chose an AFT BECAUSE of the actual frame. The geometry, the weight, the look, not cos of what its called. I dont know if it will become a classic, or if it will be forgotten in a few years but Im looking forward to riding it. Cant wait!

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2010, 07:28 AM »
you got it alex :daumenhoch: didnt help the way i tried to explain it

i liked my laf but it didnt feel special to me but i got damn cheap and it was a nice frame to ride

one of the reasons i bought my dirtbike was because i wanted a good strong frame after my laf died and it was a classic s&m in a classic colour which made it more special to me

but i keep looking at the atf and if i cant have a dirtbike then its will have to be a atf or a stricker
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 07:49 AM by kev s »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  cracked my dirtbike( great news)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx