gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 08:32 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  headset headache please help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: headset headache please help  (Read 1039 times)

endo

headset headache please help
« on: August 31, 2010, 09:31 PM »
hi guys trying to fit a new eclat head set to a 2009 united 40 with 2000ish pitchforks and cant seem to stop movement, if i tighten the preload bolt to stop the movement then you can hardly move the bars, getting the hump with it any ideas  :D :wtf:

motomagII

Re: headset headache please help
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 09:34 PM »
best bet is to put pic up of easch part as assembled see if we can spot owt
mm is it aheaad or internal

endo

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 09:53 PM »
its internal and i have fitted loads before just cant sort this one out ,need about 20mm of spacers on top but that should noit cause a problem

Offline BrianP

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 09:58 PM »
hi mate does the movement seem like it's at the top of the headtube or the bottom (can you even maybe see it?)

did the eclat come with a bottom race for dropping onto your pitchforks?

as greg says, get some pics up?

Brian  :daumenhoch:

endo

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 10:01 PM »
cheers guys ,i have fitted the race supplied to the forks and that bit is all smooth it all seems tro be down to the preload bolt . will try and put some pics on but that is a rite faf with photo bucket and all that

madmike-bmx

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 10:06 PM »
dude ,,, maybe ur useing an unsealed race ... or stick some grease on the bearings ... might seem stupid  but it dose work a lot btetter and makes it a bit smoother as well :L

endo

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 10:14 PM »
cheers guys, the race is the 1 that came with the new sealed headset ,have just put it together a bit tight for now which has stopped movement but wiil grease it all up tomorow and put it all back together tight and maybe it will loosen up with a bit of shredding ,will keep you all posted on the outcome ,thanks for the help  :) :) :4_17_5:

muttley

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 05:14 PM »
I had this today after refitting my headset, i had basically left a little bit on the floor that fits in the bearing to stop movement, its a split ring that fits right into the bearing   :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  headset headache please help

gfxgfx
gfx gfx