gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 10:21 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  wheel help new school
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: wheel help new school  (Read 653 times)

motomagII

wheel help new school
« on: August 30, 2010, 10:19 AM »

can the driver thing on this be changed cant see how its fitted/removed id like 14t on it so i dont have to sell it and buy another wheel

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: wheel help new school
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 02:23 PM »
 Does the cog thread on & is it secured by a locknut? Also how many splines on the cog? If it`s a standard Shimano pattern then you can get cogs from any decent BMX shop for about £3 each.

motomagII

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 02:24 PM »
havent got clue got locknut and thats all i can see maybe need to take it off and have better looksy

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 02:30 PM »
 :) Best to take the locknut off and have a look.CustomRiders might be able to help as they are the DK distro & carry some DK hub spares.

motomagII

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 02:44 PM »
pmd ya for email addy please

motomagII

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 03:04 PM »

this is what i have left if i remove the axle and bits
can this be changed to a 14t one

motomagII

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 03:06 PM »

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 03:24 PM »
 :)  Looks like it can be changed but you`ll prob struggle to find something as large as 14T,most peeps are running much smaller.Be careful before you part with your readies-some drivers are brand specific and not interchangeable.

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 09:31 PM »
What you have is a 1 piece driver, You will struggle to find a 14t  1 piece driver. If you talk to Custom riders they might be able to tell you if any other brand drivers are compatible. The other issue you might run into is that normally the drivers that have changeable cogs are race derived and run 10mm axle's.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  wheel help new school

gfxgfx
gfx gfx