gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 06:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Ammaco Silverstar
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ammaco Silverstar  (Read 4536 times)

Stevie Boy

Ammaco Silverstar
« on: August 29, 2010, 05:11 PM »
I have this Ammaco Silverstar, i got this back in the 80's as a xmas present, unfortulety over the years i took it apart and left it, it is 95% complete buts needs a full resto, before i start doing anything i want to source some decals for it, but i am having hardly any luck, i have pm'd Del about it and am waiting for a reply, the only other silverstars i have found are different, this looks like a team champion but is a silverstar, here are some photos of it now

« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 05:52 PM by Stevie Boy »

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: Ammaco Silverstar
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 06:41 PM »
 :) Looks to be a later model Silverstar than the others judging by the headtube gusset & forks.

Stevie Boy

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 09:04 PM »
Does anyone know where i can get a pair of blue tyres, dont mind if 1.75 or 1.95 as i cant remember what it came with, also will require 2 new wheels, again can anyone recommend where i can get a pair, last thing at the moment is pedals, i changed them years ago and lost the original, i think they looked like these but in silver

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 03:01 PM »
Check the For Sale section as blue tyres come up quite often.  Try Gini at Rini Enterprises for new Cheng Shin Comp 3 style ones  www.rinienterprises.com they are US based but cheap and usually reliable.  The rat trap pedals can be bought from Skatepool, they have an ebay shop but also come up now and then in the For Sale section  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 04:20 PM »

I believe this is the same bike as yours...........

Advert is July 1985...........

:)

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Stevie Boy

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 09:17 PM »
Check the For Sale section as blue tyres come up quite often.  Try Gini at Rini Enterprises for new Cheng Shin Comp 3 style ones  www.rinienterprises.com they are US based but cheap and usually reliable.  The rat trap pedals can be bought from Skatepool, they have an ebay shop but also come up now and then in the For Sale section  :daumenhoch:

Excellent Many thanks, does anyopne know if there is a way to find out what size the tyres were when new, as on the rims there are 1.95 & 1.75

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 09:25 PM »
Excellent Many thanks, does anyopne know if there is a way to find out what size the tyres were when new, as on the rims there are 1.95 & 1.75

A bike of that era wouldn't have had 1.95 tyres on it originally so I would suggest that they were either 2.125 front tyre and 1.75 rear tyre or possibly 1.75 front and rear. I reckon 2.125 front and 1.75 rear personally though.

Stevie Boy

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 09:29 PM »

A bike of that era wouldn't have had 1.95 tyres on it originally so I would suggest that they were either 2.125 front tyre and 1.75 rear tyre or possibly 1.75 front and rear. I reckon 2.125 front and 1.75 rear personally though.

Many thanks Bobafett, if you happy with that then thats good enough for me, thanx for the ad, certainly looks like mine, any idea where i can get a set of rims for it?

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 10:07 PM »

Just have a hunt on ebay - there were lots of manufacturers that sold steel rims - Araya,Femco,CMC to name but a few..........

Shouldn't be too pricey either  :daumenhoch:

Stevie Boy

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 10:13 PM »

Just have a hunt on ebay - there were lots of manufacturers that sold steel rims - Araya,Femco,CMC to name but a few..........

Shouldn't be too pricey either  :daumenhoch:

Thank you, your a gentleman  :daumenhoch:

Stevie Boy

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 02:15 PM »
i really have got to get my finger out of my arse and do this, can someone tell me the best place to but some blue kenda tyres, i remember looking at a website but for the love of me i cant remember what it was

Offline bigfatolly

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 10:34 PM »
http://www.porkchopbmx.com/

American site but delivery is quick,i think they have blue comp 111 style tyres :daumenhoch:

deeman

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 10:55 AM »
a seller on ebay 'bankrupt bike parts' has a set of 20x1.75 steel wheels complete for 49.99.put in 'old school bmx 20"x1.75"' :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Ammaco Silverstar

gfxgfx
gfx gfx