gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 02:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Hutch bar ID ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hutch bar ID ?  (Read 585 times)

dirtskirt

Hutch bar ID ?
« on: August 17, 2010, 08:39 AM »
How can you know if these are hutch bars ?
I dont what size or anything about them, do they have stamps or knurling? any help appreciated :daumenhoch:

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Hutch bar ID ?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 04:25 PM »
early hutch bars have no knurling and are unstamped,later hutch bars around 86 had the knurling.there were also variaitions in the  shape of the hutch bar through the 80's,the first gen were quite  round and sweeping in contrast to the slightly later mid 80's which were very similar to the boxy gt bars.one noteable thing with hutch bars is the very thin crossbar,looking at your pic those could well be second gen hutch pro bars,send mark j a pm,hes the hutch expert around here :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 04:40 PM by markyp »
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 08:01 PM »
Look very similar to a pair I've got, if you want pics or dimensions give me a shout  :daumenhoch:
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 08:08 PM »
look inside the end of the bars,if the tubing is seamless then they are cro-mo,with a seam then just steel.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Hutch bar ID ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx