gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  SRE PRO CHAMPION BUILD
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: SRE PRO CHAMPION BUILD  (Read 12916 times)

fish4junk

Re: SRE PRO CHAMPION BUILD
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2010, 05:43 PM »
Phil you have done my old bike proud! nice one...

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2010, 05:57 PM »
cheers jamie, :daumenhoch: and thanks again for selling it to me :)
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2010, 11:40 PM »
Another tastey looking build Phil ... top stuff as always mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2010, 03:50 PM »
Outstanding, absolutely outstanding  :4_17_5:

Making your own seat rails now  :shocked:

I am so tempted to send my Patto over to you for your magic touch, I might flick you a PM  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2010, 09:05 PM »
Outstanding, absolutely outstanding  :4_17_5:

Making your own seat rails now  :shocked:

I am so tempted to send my Patto over to you for your magic touch, I might flick you a PM  :daumenhoch:

:daumenhoch:
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Fizzy Steve

« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2011, 11:31 AM »
really like this bike :daumenhoch:
i can remember going in sanders bike shop years ago,old man sanders could be a grumpy old git!
mate of mine had a sre in black with chrome forks.
poole area was a real hotbed of uk made frames what with sre mrd rickman etc.
great build phil will you ever build your other sre frames?

A very very nice job Phil just as i remember them. Any tips you can give me would be great. My old friend once had the only SRE freestyler made by Sanders racing. I remember it being stolen from Poole never to be seen again, police did catch a young lad and he had a shed full of BMXs thats was the last i heard of it.

The south did have a few bike builder's like you said SRE, MRD (Tim March) and Rickman i think they where under the Tram am label not sure??

Tim March lived in Dorchester Road, Poole, Dorset i know the house i will start a thread on Tim March with a few item's i have

Fizzy Steve

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2011, 11:41 AM »
SRE PRO CHAMPION
i had been searching for one of these for over 5 year and thanks to paul(stuntmaster)finally got one :)
they are a hand made british frame and fork set sanders racing equipment operated out of a small shop near poole dorset
big thanks to stidds (wheel build)firebird (decals)and paul and weeksey for sorting out anno work,one of the hardest parts of build was matching the colour,luckily when i was stripping off the paint and old decals there was some original paint underneath so i spent hours at work going through paint chips to find the correct colour,bike won best old school race at mk this year which i still can't beleive :shocked: as the standard of builds just seems to get better and better

FRAME AND FORKS-SRE PRO CHAMPION RESPRAYED TO ORIGINAL COLOUR
RIMS-SPENCER 1 NOS 1 RESTORED
HUBS-NOS SHIMANNO WITH 14T
RADIAL LACED  FRONT (STIDDS)
STEM-ESP EARLY VERSION
PADS-FLITE
SADDLE-BROOKES RESTORED (I HAD TO MAKE NEW RAILS DUE TO CORROSION)
SEAT CLAMP-JAM BUTTIE
TYRES-GRIPPA'S 20X1.75
CRANKS-RESTORED RECHROMED PROFILE RE MACHINED BEARING CUPS TO ORIGINAL FINISH DUE TO HAMMER RASH
PEDALS-SKYWAY GRAFFS
CHAINRING-SUGINO 40T DRILLED
BRAKE AND LEVER-WEINMANN DRILLED
BRAKE PADS-KOOL STOP
BRAKE GUARD-MRD
BARS-MRD PRO
GRIPS-SHARP

Phil i have Question for you did you buy this bike from a chap in Lower Parkstone close to Sandbanks in Poole Dorset. I have spoken to my Dad and Brother i believe this to be our old bike we sold it to our neighbour a long time back this was Steve Sanders own bike we enquiry about buying it back and was told he sold it, his childern were younger than us and this chap (Mike) brought all our old BMX bikes and parts

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2011, 01:44 PM »
SRE PRO CHAMPION
i had been searching for one of these for over 5 year and thanks to paul(stuntmaster)finally got one :)
they are a hand made british frame and fork set sanders racing equipment operated out of a small shop near poole dorset
big thanks to stidds (wheel build)firebird (decals)and paul and weeksey for sorting out anno work,one of the hardest parts of build was matching the colour,luckily when i was stripping off the paint and old decals there was some original paint underneath so i spent hours at work going through paint chips to find the correct colour,bike won best old school race at mk this year which i still can't beleive :shocked: as the standard of builds just seems to get better and better

FRAME AND FORKS-SRE PRO CHAMPION RESPRAYED TO ORIGINAL COLOUR
RIMS-SPENCER 1 NOS 1 RESTORED
HUBS-NOS SHIMANNO WITH 14T
RADIAL LACED  FRONT (STIDDS)
STEM-ESP EARLY VERSION
PADS-FLITE
SADDLE-BROOKES RESTORED (I HAD TO MAKE NEW RAILS DUE TO CORROSION)
SEAT CLAMP-JAM BUTTIE
TYRES-GRIPPA'S 20X1.75
CRANKS-RESTORED RECHROMED PROFILE RE MACHINED BEARING CUPS TO ORIGINAL FINISH DUE TO HAMMER RASH
PEDALS-SKYWAY GRAFFS
CHAINRING-SUGINO 40T DRILLED
BRAKE AND LEVER-WEINMANN DRILLED
BRAKE PADS-KOOL STOP
BRAKE GUARD-MRD
BARS-MRD PRO
GRIPS-SHARP

Phil i have Question for you did you buy this bike from a chap in Lower Parkstone close to Sandbanks in Poole Dorset. I have spoken to my Dad and Brother i believe this to be our old bike we sold it to our neighbour a long time back this was Steve Sanders own bike we enquiry about buying it back and was told he sold it, his childern were younger than us and this chap (Mike) brought all our old BMX bikes and parts

Steve , pm fish4junk ^^^^^  ;)

griff

« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2016, 08:40 PM »
 :4_17_5:

Offline Jazzchimp

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2016, 08:42 PM »
One hell of a build!

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2016, 09:25 PM »
 8)

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2016, 08:30 PM »
I love this build it has to be one of the best ever it's all Phil's little touches and craftsmanship that makes it perfect :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  SRE PRO CHAMPION BUILD

gfxgfx
gfx gfx