gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 03:03 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  First Build Beat open to usefull tips
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: First Build Beat open to usefull tips  (Read 929 times)

Bertros

First Build Beat open to usefull tips
« on: April 14, 2006, 12:25 AM »
I believe there have been a few 85 beat builds. from the " e hum found Stock" :-) there have been some fantastic rides created...!!  (VBMX comp)Personlay i want to get a ride ready for the summer !..

I was thinking of Polishing up the frame and leaving it bare has anyone done this before.. if so could they give me a few pointers!!.. Dont worry i have had planty of practise with the elbow over the years... :LolLolLolLol:

General new build pointers also apreciated.. I would like it to be a cost effective build ! for around £200 all in..(excluding F&F)

weston

Re: First Build Beat open to usefull tips
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 11:09 AM »
a few years ago it was fashion to have your frame bare metal & laquered, haro & a few other companies released bikes like this, you need to professionally polish the frame & then get it professionally laquered for a long lasting effect, it wont cost you much to build it, are you planning on riding it or having it as a loft ( i mean show bike)????

Bertros

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 04:28 PM »
I was planning to ride it around this summer. Me and my mates all turn 30 this year.. so we are planning to hit newquay, to do a lot of drinking & not much surfing for a weekend a perfect outinig for a new old school ride...

In terms of the polishing .. I do like a challenge :-) wet and dry from 400 to 2000 in small steps.... no fingers latter you have a sweet looking bike.. the laquering thats deffinatly worth having done profesionaly.. imagine doing all that work chip it an watch it slowly oxidise again ARGH!!..

Can anyone tell me what material the frame is made of (Aluminium?) Steel ?... A brushed metal effect could also be interesting!

Then there is the challenge of matching a nice color scheme.. great fun this bmx buildin!

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2006, 04:36 PM »
streetbeats are chromo.
I want to touch ORB

Bertros

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2006, 05:09 PM »

AAAAA how daft do i look  :D .. So what difference in looks would a bare metal polished and laquered frame have to say one which has been sent off to have a chrome finish on it.. I may as well carry on with the line of probably odvious questions.. Soz!

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2006, 05:26 PM »
to be honest i've not seen a chrome one done yet.
the price for chroming at the minute could be the reason why.
if you look through this section or it could be freestyle.
there was a trm freestyler that had been hand polished.
looked cool as well.
dave the bmxing gypo

muttley

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 08:03 PM »
CHROME IT DADDIO !!!!!

Bertros

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2006, 11:25 PM »
 :wtf: THANKS MATE THATS WAS PRECISLY THE INSIRATION I WAS LOOKING FOR !!!!!!!!!! GENIOUS !!! :Great_Britain: :Great_Britain: :Great_Britain: :Great_Britain: :Great_Britain: :Great_Britain: BRING IT HOME!!!

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2006, 11:28 PM »
i wonder if that proto type is still about ?.
dave the bmxing gypo

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  First Build Beat open to usefull tips

gfxgfx
gfx gfx