gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 03:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  mid school profile cranks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: mid school profile cranks  (Read 5308 times)

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
mid school profile cranks
« on: August 03, 2010, 10:08 AM »
I know that in 1992 Profile started stamping the arms of their cranks with the logo - has that stamp changed since then?

thecaptain

Re: mid school profile cranks
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 01:36 PM »
nope, pretty much stayed the same, sometimes you'l see a tiny 'TM' stamp somewhere around the 'profile racing' stamp, other than that they havnt changed a thing

ben5575

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 05:04 PM »
Piccies of a GT stamped and of a 'TM' stamped crank arm that the captain refers to above - any ideas what year these are from btw?

I always thought that the newer cranks were stamped onto the rounded face of the arm as opposed to in a flattened off section of the rounded face as per the second photo.  I could have course be talking complete bollox mind ;D 

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 05:19 PM »
That GT made Profile crank is early 90's for sure. The bottom one is what I'm interested in - does that 'TM' addition to the logo relate to a certain date? ie are early 92 Profile cranks with or without the 'TM'

thecaptain

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 11:45 AM »
I've no idea about the TM stamping relating to a date, would be best emailing profile direct, all I know is that profile havnt changed the 'profile racing' stamp since the mid 90's ish

scott250

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 11:07 PM »
I had a set of profiles, I got around 94 and it had no stamp on at all - maybe they had been in the store a while.  Was well happy with them, up till then I'd always ran 1pc - they felt so solid in comparison.  Shame, profile as a company seem to be a set of shuffle munsterers >:( - well the UK lot are anyways.

condor96

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 01:08 AM »
gt/profiles ran from 91-99
the non stamped profiles were somewhere in the early 90s,cant recall exactly when they started stamping them. 92,93,94 somewhere around there. ive always seen the tm logo on stamped cranks.
they also had the fusion cranks for haro with no stamp around 95,pretty much the same as the earlier unstamped ones.

revcore

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 10:14 AM »
gt/profiles ran from 91-99
the non stamped profiles were somewhere in the early 90s,cant recall exactly when they started stamping them. 92,93,94 somewhere around there. ive always seen the tm logo on stamped cranks.
they also had the fusion cranks for haro with no stamp around 95,pretty much the same as the earlier unstamped ones.

Powerlite stamped Profiles are the same era as the GT stamped Profiles too. Apparently the Powerlite stamped Profiles are getting harder to find....I'm running a set of them on my 1992 Holmes.

Bettyswallocks

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 09:09 AM »
Just had a look at mine after reading this, have 3 sets of profile cranks and one set is stamped MT instead of TM....

revcore

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 09:15 AM »
Just had a look at mine after reading this, have 3 sets of profile cranks and one set is stamped MT instead of TM....

They might be quite valuable  ;)

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 09:25 AM »
LOL Betty - that's pretty weird -somebody must have put the stamp in the wrong way round or something...

So the bottom line is a new set of Profile cranks is going to be correct on a mid-school bike then as they haven't changed in 18 years

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 09:35 AM »
Powerlite stamped Profiles are the same era as the GT stamped Profiles too. Apparently the Powerlite stamped Profiles are getting harder to find....I'm running a set of them on my 1992 Holmes.

I've got some on my OS Haro racebike and I'm very happy with them.

moley

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2010, 03:01 PM »

Thats short for Mint!!  :daumenhoch:

It must be a limited edition!!  :D

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2010, 04:26 PM »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  mid school profile cranks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx