gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 06:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  One for the Mongoose guru's......
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: One for the Mongoose guru's......  (Read 1310 times)

ronster

One for the Mongoose guru's......
« on: September 07, 2012, 09:46 AM »
Ok heres one for the Mongoose guru's amongst you all, I have just bought an 80/81 Mongoose frame set, it was on ebay with a snapped off alloy seat post stuck in it which I promptly machined out at work ;) :daumenhoch:.
Ive spoken to the seller who has had it for many a year and originall it was copper nickel....it has been stripped of all of that and brush painted a fetching blue in places ;D , my question to you all is does anyone know what the yellow paint code/colour is for the early frames?....or any of the paint codes/colours for the red/blue etc too?....as im undecided what colour to do it but want to do it fairly accurate to original but not spec but built up with parts that were around at the time.any help gratefully received ;).
Ronnie.

Ebay piccy...

After drilling post out etc....

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
Re: One for the Mongoose guru's......
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 10:04 AM »

Can't help on paint codes unfortunately  :(

Best bet is to look through the mongoose section in the museum on here and the mongoose section on bmxmuseum for survivors with original finish then compare those to pictures of re-finished bikes for a close match  :-\

It's worth noting that the blue frames in particular went through many changes in shades of blue over the years.....

Good luck !  :)

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 10:44 AM »
waza migh know as he might have spec sheets

parts aren't cheap at the mo  ::)  anything goose stamp commands money  :tickedoff:

looks in good shape  :daumenhoch:

do love a nice goose  :smitten:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

ronster

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 10:51 AM »
waza migh know as he might have spec sheets

parts aren't cheap at the mo  ::)  anything goose stamp commands money  :tickedoff:

looks in good shape  :daumenhoch:

do love a nice goose  :smitten:

Cheers Bendy, I know what ya mean about parts...ive got a non stamped seat clamp for it and looked for a stamped one and nearly pooped meself at the price :shocked: :tickedoff: :D

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2012, 11:12 AM »
cranks - chain rings - seat clamps - stems - bloody every thing  :2gunsfiring_v1:
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

ronster

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2012, 11:13 AM »
 :'(

Offline childhooddream

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 06:47 PM »
Ive got a stamped goose crank and also stamped goose bb if your interested?

Both rider condition..

Dont want premium prices

Pm me if interested

oldboyburner

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2012, 08:23 AM »
Ronnie I can help with colour code on the dark red as mines a 81 on here somewhere in tec and resto  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  One for the Mongoose guru's......

gfxgfx
gfx gfx