gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 10:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  the best u brake
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: the best u brake  (Read 1149 times)

seanrx

the best u brake
« on: August 01, 2010, 02:51 PM »
Hi .Writing to ask for opinions on which u brake has the most power? Due to its extra leverage/ better material than the others? I want the braking power to be from its design and not pricey brake blocks.

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: the best u brake
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 03:02 PM »
 :) Have you read the front brakes posts in this section? A lot of u brakes have burly CNCd arms,Proper,Odyssey,Primo,Fly,Eclat etc which should help to eliminate flex.Some even have sealed bearin pivots.Setting up well is often the key as well as good pads.I have a Hombre rear on one of my bikes and it works amazingly well.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 03:36 PM »
to be honest a bmx brake is only as good as its pads

ive had ad990's, tektro's, fly cnc brakes, proper cnc brakes and a revenge sealed bearing brake

and they all were as good as each other it was the pads that made the difference

my textro with clear pads works better than my old fly brake with kool stop pads on the front

really all it comes down is what design you prefer, as said my textro works great it just looks crap in my eyes

a set of clear pads cost £5-£7 and they make a big difference
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 03:38 PM by kev s »

firebird4130

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 04:00 PM »
I definately think seatstay brakes work sh1te campared with chainstay

subversion

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 07:01 PM »
I definately think seatstay brakes work sh1te campared with chainstay

Chain stay all the way :daumenhoch:

I don't think that the same pads on different brakes would 'feel' the same although they obviously have some bearing on the overall stopping power. There are soo many variables to get right on a brake & if you know how to set them up well then you should be able to get a decent stopper from the more modestly priced units.

& after all that shite I'd still buy FLYbikes brakes :daumenhoch:

seanrx

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 04:34 PM »
ta 4 the feedback. i have an EVO mk1 so i'll just keep it for now. Bugs me though that an £8 v brake works better than a £30 u brake.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  the best u brake

gfxgfx
gfx gfx