gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 11:02 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Old f**t trying to do manuals in a public place
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old f**t trying to do manuals in a public place  (Read 2629 times)

sam hudson

Old f**t trying to do manuals in a public place
« on: July 25, 2010, 08:51 PM »
Hello all

Having got back into the racing side of BMX in 2006 and then got out of it again in 2008 (until now), I've decided to learn properly and am now trying to get the blance of my bikes right by learning how to manual on the flat...hopefully making my manuals on the track ...well...possible!!  :daumenhoch:

Having researched all the videos on the web ,I had a go the other night in my back garden and it was a fairly large failure (and I fell off, which bloody hurt!!). So I went out today(yes...a 38 yr old on BMX who isnt a drug dealer  :LolLolLolLol:) for a bit of a practice on a long straight and I got a bit better. The point of this thread is this... how many of you have ventured out and got looks from passers by like you were a lunatic??? Seriously, I was sitting there (dying of a coronary) in between attempts and dog walkers would just not look at me and pretended I didn't exist...it was hilarious. What is wrong with people?? All I was doing was riding up and down a quiet park pathway.

Well they're gonna have to get used to it, as I'm going to learn to manual if it kills me (which it may do judging by my present fitness level).

Miserable bu**ers.  :angrysoapbox:

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Old f**t trying to do manuals in a public place
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 08:56 PM »
 :)

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 11:36 AM »
 :) Ignore the mocking fools,they`re just jealous that you are having more fun than they are :daumenhoch:

magna13

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 12:32 PM »
its weird, i cant manual on flat but i can manual mint on a track? ??? :LolLolLolLol:

sam hudson

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 01:00 PM »
Its supposed to be the most simple 'trick' but its really hard. I am getting there though. Interesting that you can do them on the track but not on the flat. I just figured that if I could do them on the flat, it would help me on the track. It will be funny if I spend ages learning to do them on the flat and then cant do them on the track. > :(

magna13

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 01:09 PM »
youu should try the track buddy :daumenhoch: best to learn them on step-ups first time :daumenhoch: if you wanna learn on flat first then thats fine :) it means you should be able to do them piss on a track

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 01:36 PM »
It doesn't fit nicely into peoples view of the world... you should be ashamed of yourself! go and hide in some indoor skatepark YOU FREAK!

People in my village thought I was nuts when I first moved here as I used to skate through the village pushing my little un's pram ( aged 36 )

Now I'm on a kids bike 'thats a bit small for you Ed!... water it and it might grow... give that back to the kid you stole it from'... my how we laugh.

I went to a wedding last weekend and the vicar dribbled on as usual... and chucked in the old "When I was a child I spoke as a child I understood as a child I thought as a child; but when I became a man I put away childish things." I Cor. xiii. 11. " ... and I just wanted to shout BOLLOCKS!

I'm 40 next year and clinging to every childish aspect of my nature that I can... thats what this forum is all about.

"We don't stop playing 'cause we get old... we get old 'cause we stop playing"

Having fun usually pisses people off more than anything... so keep on.

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

sam hudson

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 01:55 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:  :daumenhoch:

Cheers guys, that has made me feel a lot less worried about going out to practice. I'm still not brave enough to go anywhere near the 'skatepark' where the local kids hang out though-little bu**ers are brilliant and I can't even manual  ;D ;D.

I am going to the track soon as thats what I really enjoy. I'll let you know how I get on with the manuals !

Ta all

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 02:11 PM »
As Ed says, just have fun and fook the lot of em  :daumenhoch:

also i wouldn't be to put off with the kids at the local parks either, if you just have a go and roll around they'll think your pretty cool as well  :daumenhoch:

i'm crap and can't manual either.....but i just love riding my bike  :smitten:

kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2010, 05:27 PM »
As Ed says, just have fun and fook the lot of em  :daumenhoch:

also i wouldn't be to put off with the kids at the local parks either, if you just have a go and roll around they'll think your pretty cool as well  :daumenhoch:

i'm crap and can't manual either.....but i just love riding my bike  :smitten:
To be honest, i tried to manual on the flat 1st, it doesn't happen over night. I mean, think how long it took you to learn how to wheelie while pedalling, then doing it sitting down. For me manualling on the track wasn't easier but let's face it, the only place you're going to need to manual is over jumps so that's where you should practice them really. You wouldn't try learning to swim in the bath now would you  ;)

moley

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 10:32 PM »
You wouldn't try learning to swim in the bath now would you

Depends on how big ya bath is!!  :D

gobshite

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 12:43 AM »
lean back and pump with your legs to keep your balance point,
trail your back brake with your finger to stop you looping out and f-ucking your cocyx,

f-uck what people think dude,
nothing says "f-uck off i dont give shit" like riding a bmx anyways...

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 06:06 AM »
stuff what people think  :2gunsfiring_v1:

do your own thing and enjoy it!

and go to the track or skatepark, you will probably find the kids give you props for riding at your age, the ones at my track certainly do

Dingo

sam hudson

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2010, 12:25 PM »

Amen to that!! Cheers guys   :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 12:28 PM »

Amen to that!! Cheers guys   :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

x 2  >:D
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 07:09 PM »
"We don't stop playing 'cause we get old... we get old 'cause we stop playing"

Having fun usually pisses people off more than anything... so keep on.

Now thats the best line I've read in ages Ed  :4_17_5:

I had a tootle round at MK this year, messed around on the ramps a bit and went for a ride around the lake with some of the guys..... tis the best I've felt in over 25 years and I want more!

Gonna start riding again at 43, but ya know what fook em all.... I'm gonna have me some fun  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 02:06 AM »
thing is if you rode on a mountain bike they wouldn't bat an eyelid as that is perfectly acceptable , must admit i'm a source of amusement to my neighbours , and other poeple i pass you can seem em start to grinn as you ride past , i used to go  to the local spots in the van with the bike in the back because i was a little bit embarssed about getting back into bmx rideing rather than just haveing a bmx ,and remenicing about when i used to ride all the time,  now i ride to the local spots because the grinn on my face when i get back is a lot bigger than there's is when i pass , i can't  manuall either i just go up and down the bumpy bits as fast as i can  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2010, 09:15 AM »
I ride my cruiser to the office most days - nobody has ever really given me any stick about it.

sam hudson

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 02:01 PM »
Ok so I went to my local track in Chester (which has been built in the two years since I havent riden) and I had a great time. The local kids were great and much much better than me. None of them had ever heard of a PK Ripper  ;D

Anyway back to thread...manualling over jumps is a very different beastie to the flat. I am pants at both  :2funny:

You are right though, getting back on the bike makes you feel great. (once the heart attack stops).

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 02:22 PM »
we seem to share some similarities OP. I used to have sexy shark bite pedals, but after 2 months of trying to manual, my legs looked like i was a victim of a shark attack so i had to take them off :( Then discovered 661 shinguards, put them back on and preceded to tear the backs of my legs apart! So they came off again.

My local track has two moods, full of fun or full of cocky little idiots that block the track up and act all hard following you rubbing your back tire to knock you off, and they tease the smaller kids, I nearly cut a kid in two with my bike [I ride a 'lead filled' huffy cory nastazio signature edition] when he randomly stopped on top of a table top in front of me, I chose to throw the bike out and ditch myself instead of harming the kid, hurt like hell, I had some stern words for the lad which did included some unnescesary expletives, 20 minutes I've got his dad in my face threatening to flatten me!!!! I had to chuckle as i was wondering how he exactly going to flatten me as I wear a mototcross helmet when riding and was wearing it at the time!!

sam hudson

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 02:56 PM »
Yeah the kids at the Chester track like to stop for a chat on the first set of doubles. I'm going to try to go later or earlier in the day so there are less of them there to laugh at me  :LolLolLolLol:

Maybe the dad was going to poke you in the eyes through your fullface!! cunning!!

I find that kids are like my wife driving the car...they both have absolutely no idea that anyone else in the world exists unless they are directly in front of them.  :shocked:

LMAO about the shark bites  ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Old f**t trying to do manuals in a public place

gfxgfx
gfx gfx