gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:06 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Clinkham Wood - St Helens
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Clinkham Wood - St Helens  (Read 375 times)

Offline dancetothedrummersbeat

• Team Moderator
  • Tail Whip
  • Andy
  • Rated:
Clinkham Wood - St Helens
« on: July 24, 2010, 09:07 PM »
Just wondering if there's any members on here who used to hang around Clinkham Wood, in the Moss Bank area of St Helens back in 83-87ish.  I'm talking about the small part of the wood by the (then) newish housing estate by Dalston Drive/Crossdale Way/Broad Lane. It was this part of the wood (not the larger part further down the hill) that had the bmx track that was made & maintained by local kids (myself included). The track is still there, but most of it is very overgrown now. I went there a few months ago for a ride round & took the pics below. Favourite memories include digging out the small whoops & lining them with polythene sheet to make a great water jump. A head on collision with a tree was commonplace as you had to get a load of speed up to make the jump, but was faced with a very tight (and narrow) right turn almost immediatley after. Other memories include an older lad (i was 8 at the time) Chris? who had a skyway t/a that was the envy of us falcon/raleigh/peugot/bh owners. He made an extension quater pipe at the top of the U shaped 'bomb hole' which enabled him (and the few that were brave enough) to get quite a bit of air. Anyone else have any other memories (or pics?!). Here are a few pics i took..

1. Start/Finish area. Track went from my standing position round to the left...

2. Continuing from the start/finish area round to the left where the whoops (later water jump) was

3. Just after the final large jump going uphill tback to the start/finish line

« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 10:44 AM by dancetothedrummersbeat »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Clinkham Wood - St Helens

gfxgfx
gfx gfx