gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 03:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  My MK10 midschool S&M racebike
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My MK10 midschool S&M racebike  (Read 1586 times)

SaMAlex

My MK10 midschool S&M racebike
« on: July 21, 2010, 11:52 AM »

Last night I finished the bike I’m going to race at MK10.
My Green Mk3 Holmes:

Frame: Holmes mk3, 1"
           20.75"tt, 15" rear end.
           990 mounts. ( :-X)
           April 1994. HXL4017
Forks: Ditchforks
Bars: Slam, Dancing man
Stem: Shafted Redneck Green. Wedgie Jackson
Cranks: Prince Ablert, mk3
Chainring: Profile Ripsaw
Pedals: S&M DX
Rims: Sun
Hubs: DK
Tires: Comp3s, Fat n Thin, Black wall
Seat: GT Drop nose
Brake: Putbull
Lever: DC MX99
Seatclamp: Oddy Pozi Stop
Grips: Jive
Plate: UGP

This is one of my favourite bikes. I got it direct from S&M in 1994. I picked it off the shelves myself. I got it for a mate of mine and I bought everything S&M could supply at the time (frame, forks, bars, 994 U brake, padset, Grips, pegs) and built it up with stuff I had at home (mostly 80s parts).

He rode it for a while but moved away not long after. We stayed in contact, and a few years ago I met up with him again and asked if he still had the bike. It was sat in his Dads shed and we agreed that it could live in my shed. I rebuilt with more suitable parts and its been hanging in my shed ever since.

A few weeks  ago I decided I’d like to race it at MK10. I had to change the brake cos Ubrakes just aint old school, and I also swapped the bars to a pair dancing man slams that have been cut down (I just can’t ride uncut 28”ers!). I swapped the pedals cos the green ones on it were totally unused. I also moved the back wheel right forward (to a still massive 15”) and dialled everything in.  I’m really looking forward to riding it, it feels really good. After MK I will put the Ubrake and uncut bars back on, to get it back with the parts I got from S&M in 1994.

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: My MK10 midschool S&M racebike
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 12:04 PM »
that's cool - I haven't seen many green S&M bikes - I've been thinking of doing the Dirtbike in green

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 12:19 PM »
 :) Very nice :daumenhoch:

andy_116

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 01:47 PM »
 :4_17_5:

SaMAlex

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 02:16 PM »
Oh, and a big thanks to JT71 Joe for bringing over a NOS Pitbull and brake cable, some pedals, and a selection of grips, levers and other parts I might have needed.
It was fun to spend some "shed time" with ya  :daumenhoch:

thecaptain

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 05:35 PM »
awesome S&M, love the used and abused-ness of it, as all S&M's should be, haha

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 08:14 PM »
Looks well nice! Looking forward to seeing it racing round MK  :daumenhoch:

nosepickben

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 09:56 PM »
yeah, nice story to it. looks great. Holmes' just feel spot on for riding tracks and trails, needs some beringers on it tho  ;D

Rory2

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 11:29 PM »
yep,just needs some track dust

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 07:17 AM »
Very nice Alex, classic beauty even  :smitten:

Dingo

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 08:21 AM »
Why  have you changed the brake on it  ??? surely a 990 works just as good  :-\ and looks better on a 1994 bike IMO

Nice colour too BTW  :)

SaMAlex

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 08:26 AM »
Why  have you changed the brake on it  ??? surely a 990 works just as good  :-\ and looks better on a 1994 bike IMO

Oh yes, no question. U brakes work better and look better.  :daumenhoch:

I want to race it in "old School" at MK. For that, bikes have to be 1inch headset and bolt on brakes (no brake-boss mounted brakes). I know im bending the rules a little by riding a mid 90s bike which came with brake mounts but its not like im going to win. I just want to ride round the track with 8 other people a few times.

JT71

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 11:24 AM »

Oh yes, no question. U brakes work better and look better.  :daumenhoch:

I want to race it in "old School" at MK. For that, bikes have to be 1inch headset and bolt on brakes (no brake-boss mounted brakes). I know im bending the rules a little by riding a mid 90s bike which came with brake mounts but its not like im going to win. I just want to ride round the track with 8 other people a few times.

it's not bending the rules! you have a 1" threaded headset and a race legal brake...your bikes just happens to have two brake options. lol.

man your's works tons better than mine too...good job since you'll bew a lot faster than me! lol.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 02:40 PM »
looks good :daumenhoch:

agree with it looking better with the ad990 fitted but if having the pitbull fitted means u can race then fair enough

what sun rims are they? ive got a set of 90's sun chinooks at the momment and im really digging the orignal sun rim styles

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  My MK10 midschool S&M racebike

gfxgfx
gfx gfx