gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:38 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Budget build pt2 - Big Wheels keep on turnin'
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Budget build pt2 - Big Wheels keep on turnin'  (Read 4228 times)

bof

Re: Budget build pt2 - Big Wheels keep on turnin'
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2010, 10:01 AM »
 :daumenhoch:

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2010, 01:44 PM »
The decals arrived yesterday courtesy of Del - they look spiffing. Got a nice frame pad reserved via MotomagII which will finish it off nicely.
The bike finally saw some action last night as my dad joined us for training at Bradford. He took it pretty steady but had no problems whatsoever with the bike. I just took it through the last rhythm section once and it handled fine, obviously if felt weird as eveything was different to my Haro.

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2010, 03:39 PM »
This should be getting raced this Sunday  :daumenhoch:
With the bad weather my dad hasn't done enough riding to be safe racing us lot, so I get to have a go on this.

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2011, 01:03 PM »
...that race was cancelled unfortunately.

So I raced the Falcon Pro Beta 24 for the first time last night. I was the only rider actually on an OS bike and did okay apart from the 2nd moto when I turned the bars on the gate and had to roll round after everyone else. After I re-tightened the stem in the fork steerer (where it slipped) it was fine.  I also stretched the chain quite a bit when warming up but I do that on all bikes so no problem there, moving the wheel back got it all tensioned up nicely. It's not a long frame and I did crack my knees a couple of times when warming up but I didn't have a problem when racing - maybe not the best racebike for really lanky (6'2"+ ?) guys.

It was good to get 7 on the gate with me Iain, and Paul all having raced in the 80s. I know Paul Phillips is searching for an OS racebike but he's gonna need a l-o-n-g bike.  Iain the MTBer is looking for a cruiser but I reckon it might be a NS one.

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 01:45 PM »
I had planned to get up last night for a race but my mrs car failed its MOT yesterday so ive had to stump up the dollars for parts and its a £25 return trip in my van... Ive got my Amtrac up for sale again Jon if you mention it to paul philips, its a 21" and with a pro xxl stem on it should be more than comfortable for 6ft plus riders, I think charles (amtrac) townsend was around the 6ft 2" mark.

Matt

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 01:58 PM »
No worries mate, I know it's a long trip - I'd be doing Crewe this weekend if I could afford £60 in diesel for the return trip on top of everything else for me and F to race for the day.
I will mention the Amtrac to Paul when I next see him  :daumenhoch:

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 02:00 PM »
Your motor must be proper heavy on the juice! cheers pal.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Budget build pt2 - Big Wheels keep on turnin'

gfxgfx
gfx gfx