gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 11:35 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Akisu ???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Akisu ???  (Read 7767 times)

Lee Hurst

Akisu ???
« on: July 01, 2010, 09:55 AM »
Yesterday evening the guy who owns my local bike shop showed me an old school bmx that he took in part exchange a couple of days ago. I was told that the guy who originally owned it is about 40 years old and had had it since new, so I'm assuming it's early 80's vintage. He gave the bike to a young lad who took it in a part exed it for a new school bike; hence the lack of solid information about it. You'll have to excuse me if the details I give are a little vague.

The frame, forks, bars, grips , head set, bottom bracket, crank, seat stem and brake calipers all looked completely original. The seat had definitely been replaced and the pedals looked like they may have been replaced, but many, many years ago The wheels are OGK mags, but I'm not sure if they were on the bike from new The chrome frame didn't have any decals on it, but the chrome is in excellent condition for what I assume is it's age. The frame does have a serial number, but I don't have it with me to post on here yet. Sorry!

The couple of distinguishing features were three holes in the gusset, three holes in the front fork drop outs and a bottom bracket gusset (no holes in it).

I realise the information I'm giving is a bit rubbish for any concrete information to be given back and I'll be going back to the shop to give the bike a much closer inspection. I've done a little investigating online this morning and I think it may be an Akisu. I'm aware that Akisu manufactured early frames for Diamondback. Does anyone have any information about Akisu as a manufacturer of frames or as a seller of bikes in their own right.

Thanks for any information given.

Cheers

Lee

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Akisu ???
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 10:42 AM »
 How about some pictures :D  :daumenhoch:
Was it one of these http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/akisu/                ---> http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/akisu/9669
                                http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=40088.msg416903#msg416903
                                http://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=178373 ?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 10:54 AM by fischflo »

Lee Hurst

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 11:21 AM »
I've looked at all these pictures and the forks are very similar, if not the same, as the frame and forks pictured on bmx museum. I'll get some pictures of the actual bike and post them up on here. I know I've jumped the gun by asking questions without pictures etc., but I was after information on Akisu as a matter of iterest.

Cheers

Lee

Offline fischflo

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 12:16 PM »
 :fart:
: "Diamondback, mt racing, mongoose, torker... all have had frames/forks made by akisu. Taiwanese made, never gunna be rare but were decent "   (woftam master  http://www.ozbmx.com.au/index.php'showtopic=9162)

motomagII

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 04:57 PM »
falcon pro did akisu and had a few models with ogks as standard too

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 05:12 PM »
falcon pro did akisu and had a few models with ogks as standard too

So far sounds like a Cycle pro Macho or it's Falcon Pro equivalent (were they called  Blitz ? ) ::)

motomagII

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 06:04 PM »
yeah if it has fishgill gusset its cycle pro .which was later the falcon beta with different bits or falcon pro blits and i think sigma had the ogks too

firebird4130

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 06:57 PM »

I had one of those falcon pros for a while it was a beta I think? here's the pic anyway  :daumenhoch:

motomagII

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 07:01 PM »
yep they did 2 versions of the beta one with fish gusset and the eaqrlier one like yours there

Lee Hurst

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2010, 11:19 AM »

Here are some pictures of the headset, gussets and dropouts. The serial number had the letter "C" in front of it. Does anybody recognise anything from these pictures? Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Lee

monkian

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2010, 03:46 PM »
Frame welds look pretty good whatever it is :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Akisu ???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx