gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 09:31 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Putting 14m Spoke Axle into Tuffs ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Putting 14m Spoke Axle into Tuffs ?  (Read 992 times)

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Putting 14m Spoke Axle into Tuffs ?
« on: July 03, 2010, 09:53 AM »
After checking what i needed to put tuffs into my Mirra frame and forks (axle booster washers up to 14s and 8 pegs to cover tuffs and spokes which i will run at different times).
 I want to know what 14 m axle i can put into tuffs and where to buy, some one must have done it.

Please help.

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Putting 14m Spoke Axle into Tuffs ?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 02:38 PM »
Thats good but there away until 7th of this month. Anyone else put 14m axles in Skyways ?

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 09:45 PM »
Haven't done it but would think that the diameter of the bearing cone a problem. Not sure if it would be possible to use smaller diameter ball bearings. If you could sort that out then the hole through the center of the hub would need enlarging and a different dust covers made up , or modify the standard ones.
This is assuming you have Tuffs with alloy hubs though, you can get new ones with 14mm axles already can't you ?

spesh

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 09:54 PM »
i fiitted axle converters to my skyways from billys bmx
they do the job very well and then i fitted 14mm pegs which are stronger if your of the midlife size like me :LolLolLolLol:

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2010, 09:45 PM »
Yes thats ok but im concerned if my tuffs have a different thread to spokes at 10m ?

spesh

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2010, 09:59 PM »
Yes thats ok but im concerned if my tuffs have a different thread to spokes at 10m ?

mine and im sure all the tuffs except the coaster versions had different axle threads 24tpi and 26tpi (dont no which way round)
but billys have both sets so just order one of each set
mmmmhhh just checked there site and it looks like the 24tpi are not available anymore best ring them to be sure

http://www.billys.co.uk/english/group.php?prod=hu4jam-axeman&PHPSESSID=ej5tob47r5ju2k7cdet5a2pvc6

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 10:31 AM »
They dont do 24tpi(skyways) anymore and custom riders only has them in 26tpi. Does anyone else do this or make this product ? This is weird all the up riseing in old school bmx and they discontinue making skyway stuff ?

spesh

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 11:46 AM »
They dont do 24tpi(skyways) anymore and custom riders only has them in 26tpi. Does anyone else do this or make this product ? This is weird all the up riseing in old school bmx and they discontinue making skyway stuff ?

if skyway only do 26tpi on front and rear then the ones from billys should be fine

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 03:37 PM »
Sorry Spish but i think Skyways are 24 TPI ? Correct.

Offline monkeybat

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 05:46 PM »
Update: Just went to Grips in Rayleigh Essex and he had a set of 10-14 axle boosters and i found out someing. My front Skyway is 26 and back is 24 ? Front went on a treat but the back went on about 2cm but will not go on anymore without some force. Will prob swap out rear axle with 26tpi.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Putting 14m Spoke Axle into Tuffs ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx