gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 04:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  what nu-school ramp/jump bike to buy?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: what nu-school ramp/jump bike to buy?  (Read 5611 times)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: what nu-school ramp/jump bike to buy?
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006, 10:18 AM »
Thats the problem these days Dave, there are so many pro's around especially on here you just cant move for em.......Blimey ;)

And their prices are quite reasonable too  :LolLolLolLol:

Oh, hang on wrong forum and different pro's ... :LolLolLolLol:

Pmsl :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: You on that one as well Marty? :LolLolLolLol:

The decorator's are in again ....  :LolLolLolLol:

Ahem! Seriously though I'd love to get to Bones this weekend to check out some of the bikes but it's the wife's birthday on 15th and I reckon I've two hopes, Bob Hope and No Hope, BTW Bob's dead so that only leaves No hope  :( Plus I want to build my '85 Haro Master now I have most of the bits, although the wife doesn't know about that either  :2funny:

Are there any plans for another ride maybe a bit further south sometime soon?

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2006, 01:45 PM »
I also didn't want a new school bike to weigh a ton. My beergut makes up plenty weight on its own. I think it must be made of stainless steel too. ;D I went for a S&m Stricker frame. i haven't built it up yet, so don't know what the final weight will be. Terrible one barcode has a good reputation. Proper bikes also seem to have a good reputation

The site below had reviews on new school frames etc.  have a look at it..

http://www.bmx-test.com/cgi-bin/reviews.cgi?category=frames

Proper Bikes are.........................well............Proper..Anyone here got one???? :LolLolLolLol:

I've a frame in the shed, one of those Dan Galf ones that were originally made for Proper. It rode just fine, only reason I don't use it now is I was able to buy a T1 at a good price.

RADHAB

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2006, 05:49 PM »
I also didn't want a new school bike to weigh a ton. My beergut makes up plenty weight on its own. I think it must be made of stainless steel too. ;D I went for a S&m Stricker frame. i haven't built it up yet, so don't know what the final weight will be. Terrible one barcode has a good reputation. Proper bikes also seem to have a good reputation

The site below had reviews on new school frames etc.  have a look at it..

http://www.bmx-test.com/cgi-bin/reviews.cgi?category=frames

Proper Bikes are.........................well............Proper..Anyone here got one???? :LolLolLolLol:

I've a frame in the shed, one of those Dan Galf ones that were originally made for Proper. It rode just fine, only reason I don't use it now is I was able to buy a T1 at a good price.

Who's Dan Galf?????

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2006, 12:30 AM »

Who's Dan Galf?????

Wasn't he the bloke in the Lord of the Rings movies?  :LolLolLolLol:

I did a google and came up with the impression he's like John Doe, a name given to somebody that no-one knows the real identity of.  Not sure that really helped though!

RADHAB

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2006, 07:43 AM »
Proper Bike Co is owned by Carlo Griggs (i'm assuming you've heard of him?) and they are brilliant. The Houdini is my personal fave (I ride one) but i am told reliably by another member that the Proclaimer is really rather nice as well. There are a couple more members on here with Proper frames as well so dont just take my word for it!

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2006, 08:41 PM »
Proper Bike Co is owned by Carlo Griggs (i'm assuming you've heard of him?) and they are brilliant. The Houdini is my personal fave (I ride one) but i am told reliably by another member that the Proclaimer is really rather nice as well. There are a couple more members on here with Proper frames as well so dont just take my word for it!

I remember Carlo Griggs, very good rider!  Didn't know he was having frames made and was running a bike company though!

I'll have to come along to the next meet for sure and check out what everyone's riding.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  what nu-school ramp/jump bike to buy?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx