gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 01:20 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  OAKLEY ANNOUNCE - REPOP B-1B GRIPS
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: OAKLEY ANNOUNCE - REPOP B-1B GRIPS  (Read 2077 times)

Offline kuwahero

• Look Back
    • Western Titans
  • Rated:
OAKLEY ANNOUNCE - REPOP B-1B GRIPS
« on: July 02, 2010, 01:36 PM »

Oakley resurrects a very special and highly coveted piece from the brand’s rich BMX/Cycling history: the B-1B bike grips. When Oakley started in 1975, eyewear was not the initial offering; it was a motocross grip made of a special material known as Unobtainium. The revolutionary material crossed over into components of Oakley’s eyewear pieces, but also into its BMX grips as featured in the B-1B model. The B-1B is one of the more sophisticated grips ever engineered. Highlighted by a special tread found within and on the surface of the grip, it enabled a high level of adhesion to the handlebars and the rider’s hands. Other elements found on the B-1B, such as the neoprene/lycra flange, aid with blister prevention making it one of the most complete grips in the world of BMX.

This special and extremely limited edition remake is comprised of a newer, softer rubber compound and in order to maintain integrity of original pieces for collectors, a 2010 stamp is embossed on the end of the grips. This is the first release of 5 colors, which will be dropping approximately every month, with 500 sets of each color being made. These grips are not being sold by Oakley, but they will be distributed to select retailers and friends, so be on the lookout!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 01:39 PM by kuwahero »

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: OAKLEY ANNOUNCE - REPOP B-1B GRIPS
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 02:00 PM »
they look proper!

cash in for sure, but hell, why not...

least you know they are repops and oakley wouldnt put theri name to em if they were shite.

would like to see the different colourways

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 02:02 PM »
hmmm,

I love these grips and paid a pretty penny for my Blue/WHite ones,...not sure about these re-pops... devaluation ?
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Kaner

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 02:05 PM »
Mmm . . . I will be getting some of these I think!

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 02:15 PM »
Repop stuff sucks >:(

baldbmxer

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 02:34 PM »
Some on eBay.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/OAKLEY-B-1B-BMX-GRIPS-REISSUE-TRACK-FIXED-GEAR-ANIMAL-/280526121710?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4150a8eaee#ht_500wt_1154

The blue rubber doesnt look as nice as the originals. I am a bit pissed that they have repoped them as I have a few pairs here and there as well as a nice stash of original white sleeves.

Having said that though i do like them  ::)  just doubt I'll be getting any

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 02:41 PM »
great as want some for rider`s as waste of time paying stupid money for  a set and they do have nice grip feel about them
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 02:58 PM »

excellent, dont think they will affect the price of originals, the repop profiles go for more than the originals  ::)  could do with a few sets in different colours

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 04:06 PM »

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 04:57 PM »
Repop stuff sucks >:(

Agreed  >:(

2 years ago i would have agreed with you but since everything now is out of price range for me and i will never own it , then why not  as if it`s repro it`s for riding not show as why would i show a repro bike . i can understand the people who have got the stuff and worried that the price of stuff will drop in value but then there in it for the wrong reason then as wouldn`t bother me if hutch stem`s went down to 10 pounds as would have more then .
i can`t wait for mx1000`s to be redone that will pee some people off  ;D
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 10:07 PM »
would'nt mind a couple of pairs of them myself.
is dave getting em in i wonder
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2010, 11:34 AM »
Love them grips but never been able 2 find or afford any  :D

daz bmx it!

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2010, 01:49 PM »
I don't think its a bad idea,if you like the style of grip it will make it more affordable for you,chances are the people that have a stash of rarer items such as grips,brakes etc bought them for sod all anyway and are only pi@@ed off as they wont be able to make a huge profit selling them (namely on ebay) :D

snav69

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2010, 02:08 PM »
chances are the people that have a stash of rarer items such as grips,brakes etc bought them for sod all anyway and are only pi@@ed off as they wont be able to make a huge profit selling them (namely on ebay) :D

Or them folk that get stuff for free from here and next to nowt on ebay and flog them on in this for sale section for a massive profit eh Daz  ::)  :-X

:coolsmiley:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  OAKLEY ANNOUNCE - REPOP B-1B GRIPS

gfxgfx
gfx gfx