gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 01:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  INTERESTING CARBOOT FIND. AKISU?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: INTERESTING CARBOOT FIND. AKISU?  (Read 1261 times)

Offline PRO THUNDER

• Curb Endo
  • Wanted. Huffy Pro Thunder bikes and parts.
  • Rated:
INTERESTING CARBOOT FIND. AKISU?
« on: July 06, 2010, 07:27 PM »
JUST READ LEE HURST THREAD ON AKISU.  I WAS AT MY LOCAL CARBOOT AT THE WEEKEND WHEN I SPOTTED AN AEROYAL SEAT ON A STALL.  I PICKED IT UP BUT IT WAS KNACKERED :-X   I THEN ASKED THE SELLER IF THEY HAD ANY OTHER OLD SCHOOL STUFF, WHICH THEY THEN SAID THEY HAD A CHROME F+F IN THEIR SHED. TO CUT THE STORY SHORT, I WENT AROUND AND THEY PRODUCED TWO F+F SETS. :D  THE STRANGE THING WAS THAT THEY WERE BOTH VERT IDENTICAL TO EACH OTHER, IE: GUSSET WAS THE SAME AND  DROPOUTS ALSO.  THE ONLY DIFFERENCE WAS THE REAR BRAKE BRIDGE IS DIFFERENT ON ONE, AND THE COMPLETE DIFFERENCE IN THE QUALITY OF WELDING, IE: ONE HAD REALLY GOOD QUALITY, NEAT WELDS AND THE OTHER HAD BUBBLEGUM WELDS.   ALSO BOTH THE FORK DROPOUTS WERE STAMPED "AKISU". 
CAN ANYONE TELL IF ONE IS OLDER THAN THE OTHER?   CHECK THE PICS BELOW AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK. :daumenhoch:

IF ANYONES INTERESTED IN BUYING THESE, JUST DROP ME AN offer.

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
Re: INTERESTING CARBOOT FIND. AKISU?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 10:10 PM »

Very interisting finds mate - did the seller not offer any info ?  :-\

No idea what they are - look a little bit like an early ammaco team special - but it' definitely not that.

Gusset plate reminds me of a diamond back but obviously there's no diamond hole :LolLolLolLol:

Nice welds on that chrome one like you say.

Very interesting mongoose decal set on that chrome one too - can you do some close up pics of them all - headtube / down tube / stays etc.

Please  :)

:daumenhoch:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 10:21 PM »
 :) Sold as completes under the Saxon brandname,along with a load of others...

Offline PRO THUNDER

• Curb Endo
  • Wanted. Huffy Pro Thunder bikes and parts.
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 10:30 PM »

Very interisting finds mate - did the seller not offer any info ?  :-\

No idea what they are - look a little bit like an early ammaco team special - but it' definitely not that.

Gusset plate reminds me of a diamond back but obviously there's no diamond hole :LolLolLolLol:

Nice welds on that chrome one like you say.

Very interesting mongoose decal set on that chrome one too - can you do some close up pics of them all - headtube / down tube / stays etc.

Please  :)

:daumenhoch:

No, the  seller didn't know anything about them.  I'll try and get some futher pics up tomorrow evening.      :daumenhoch: 

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  INTERESTING CARBOOT FIND. AKISU?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx