gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 07:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Lets have yer freestyle trivia then...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Lets have yer freestyle trivia then...  (Read 3436 times)

RADHAB

Lets have yer freestyle trivia then...
« on: April 01, 2006, 12:25 AM »
A few examples:- In 1990 Jamie Bestwick was riding a Pk Ripper.
                            1989 saw the very first Bashgaurd Haro masters
                            Bob Kohl used to do a trick called a "Gay Twist" which is a roll back to 360 air!! oh yeah and 3 feet out!!
                            In 1990 the American mini ramp contests were named "King of Undervert"

There yer go now just add your own bit of trivia whether we've heard it before or not, there will always be people who wont of read it all.

This could be fun.

theRuler

Re: Lets have yer freestyle trivia then...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 11:07 AM »
bob haro copied the rockwalk off another rider

motomagII

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 11:26 AM »
Mat Hoffman holds the world record for highest air .50.6 feet above the ground .record has been in force since march 2001

sadowdgit

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 03:47 PM »
bob kohl was the first bloke to ever backflip a motorcycle!!!! all be it a 80cc mx'er

keyhole kid

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 04:11 PM »
apparently dave rom bloke was the biggest dresser of our time :LolLolLolLol: :daumenhoch:

DR VINOAH

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 08:54 PM »
could this be the 1st back flip?from bmxa march 85 :angel:

jose d yanez 1985

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 09:39 PM »
When Glyn Lewis does one footed airs, he takes his leg off, and the weight makes him over rotate

Andy Ruffell fancies Craig Schofield's brother

Bernie Vincent now plays darts at his local on Tuesday nights in the league. The whole team wear Vincent BMX pants and top

Thye guy who nicked the "holeshot" banner was actually working undercover for Colin Kefford.

"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

theRuler

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 11:14 AM »
jose yanez used pedal clips

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 03:52 PM »
There's a guy on road fools 11 with a GT 3 spoke mag on the front. Saw it on extreme yesterday  ::)

andy619

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 03:30 PM »
It was not two houdlem(sp?) skaters that thrashed Donovan Ritters car in the parking lot of the Del Mar Skatepark.  It was me and four others including Donovan Ritter. ;D
Donovan did the most damage, that may have been the first 50/50 grind on a bmx, across his front fender. ;D

Jim

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2006, 01:07 PM »
A buddy of mine (Paul Cook) won the BMX Action Bike comp to have your own freestyle frame made by Rebel (1985 I think) It's still in his mums loft... and it rode like a pile of shite.

andy irwin

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2006, 10:46 PM »
The Miami Hopper was so called because it was invented by Paul  Hopper from guess where ,, yeah miami. :daumenhoch:

RADHAB

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2006, 10:51 PM »
Craig Campbell used to use two bikes for his competition runs, a bike with a freewheel for his ramp run and a coaster brake set up for his flatland. However the famous fakie air picture was done using the Coaster brake bike!! 

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 10:54 PM »
Craig Campbell used to use two bikes for his competition runs, a bike with a freewheel for his ramp run and a coaster brake set up for his flatland. However the famous fakie air picture was done using the Coaster brake bike!! 

I had a row with Peter Hawkins over that, and it was the start of the end for me at Skyway  :(
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

andy irwin

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 11:00 PM »
it does seem a bit unfair but I coudnt beat Craig with 22 bikes :LolLolLolLol:

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 08:57 PM »

I had a row with Peter Hawkins over that, and it was the start of the end for me at Skyway  :(

he just didn't fancy you tho Bill. :LolLolLolLol:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 09:54 PM »

Didn't they (the Freestyle Association or whatever it was called) introduce a rule about changing bikes to try and stop him doing that?

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Ramp Rat

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2006, 01:07 AM »
Skyway team was banned from entering Mon's Ramp Jam (Bannedbuary) cause there were illegal drugs going around (bit of wacky backy, know wot I mean?) Real reason was the intensly funny 'Bullshit' fan zine going around with Beak Dorkings on the cover. Man those 'Bullshit' zines were funny!!!  I lost my zeal for riding on the team after that. CONTROL   :wtf:

We were up in Newcastle for a UKBFA contest and that night got our bikes nicked out of the back of the Skyway passion wagon, (fkeen Northeners) Pete Hawkins put on someones Bell 4 helmet, grabbed his baseball bat and went around looking for the theives, it was so funny!!  :2funny:  Those were the days.

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2006, 11:32 PM »
We were up in Newcastle for a UKBFA contest and that night got our bikes nicked out of the back of the Skyway passion wagon, (fkeen Northeners)

was there ever any passion in that wagon?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2006, 11:34 PM by tricknuts »

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 12:08 AM »
Didn't Mike Dominguez do the first 540. Or was it DMC

radders

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 09:59 AM »
Allegedley first 540 was Woody Itson, strange but true. Josh White was apparently doing them before he made the big time and before any of the big names were doing them, however Mike D was the first to start doing really massive 540's ie in the 6-8ft region. Mike D did do the first tailwhip flyout though and did the first no foot can can, Brian Blyther did the first tailwhip on the ground.

andy619

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 04:10 PM »
Allegedley first 540 was Woody Itson, strange but true. Josh White was apparently doing them before he made the big time and before any of the big names were doing them, however Mike D was the first to start doing really massive 540's ie in the 6-8ft region. Mike D did do the first tailwhip flyout though and did the first no foot can can, Brian Blyther did the first tailwhip on the ground.

I remember hearing a debate between Woody Itson and the GT team manager at the 84 Pipeline King of the Skateparks final.  It went like this:
GT Manager (I can't remember his name)-"Eddie did 540's before Dominguez did".
Woody Itson-"There's a difference between a 540 air above coping like Mike and doing a glorified 540 bunnyhop on the transition like some others".

I love Eddie Fiola but I had to agree with Woody on that one.

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 10:37 PM »

IWoody Itson-"There's a difference between a 540 air above coping like Mike and doing a glorified 540 bunnyhop on the transition like some others".

Damn. That's a pity. That means my huge styled "airs" are technically  glorified 180 bunnyhops on the transition. :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Lets have yer freestyle trivia then...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx