gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 06:47 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  87 haro master f+f value
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 87 haro master f+f value  (Read 3526 times)

g_lamb

87 haro master f+f value
« on: June 26, 2010, 01:37 PM »
Hi all

What's a reasonable price to pay for a '87 haro master f+f?

Thx

Greg

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Re: 87 haro master f+f value
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 01:45 PM »
There are Many factors to consider. I thought there was 2 87 masters. One that had cantilever brakes an one that didn't . Got a picture to post to show us which one you mean. I reckon 400+ squids for a minter though no matter which one :daumenhoch:

g_lamb

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 02:03 PM »
There are Many factors to consider. I thought there was 2 87 masters. One that had cantilever brakes an one that didn't . Got a picture to post to show us which one you mean. I reckon 400+ squids for a minter though no matter which one :daumenhoch:

:shocked: wasn't expecting that much

I'm watching this one on eBay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290447029284&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I've seen complete bikes go for $400-$600  USD on the US eBay site so suppose I was reckoning on £200 for this but have no idea really

Can't be 4rsed with the hassle of buying from the US. Too tight to pay the Customs charges...

snav69

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 02:19 PM »
I was reckoning on £200 for this but have no idea really

I'd have said the same  :daumenhoch:

:coolsmiley:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 08:26 PM »
The forks are not 87/88 forks, they look like 85/86 forks, but they look a little wrong to me, may be copies can't really tell from the photo   ???

I would say around £180 - £280 but you never know, I sold my mint 88 for around £300 I think, maybe a bit more & I had two 87s which I got less than £200 for each of them.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 06:56 AM by wish id kept my TA »

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 09:43 PM »
the forks are definately 85 86 forks as on an 85 the standers run in a different direction the value of these is about 200 - 250

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 09:59 PM »

No i don't think there were two 87 Masters, I think there were two 88 Sports, one was called the 88 1/2 I think & that had no 990 mounts  ???

trickydeno

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 10:09 PM »
ebay sales are not bringing in the wonga right now.i've had a few bargains just lately.i wouldn't be surprised if ya get that for less than £200.good luck anyway mate. :daumenhoch:

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 10:45 PM »
Chaps, this is my auction and i can assure you that the forks arent any earlier than 87. They came with the bike and have the 87 dropouts with chevrons stamped in and two cable guides.

g_lamb

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 12:03 AM »
Looking at the 87 catalogue the 87 forks had the fork stander mounts on the front and rear of the forks rather than the sides.

88 forks had the fork standers mounts on the sides although the drop outs were quite straight rather than angled

Where are the Haro experts when you need them?  ???

Edit: The more I look at the Haro catalogues and the listing the more i don't understand...

85/86 forks fork stander mounts are on the side, however, they are between the cable guides whereas the mounts on the forks in the listing are below the cable guides.

87 forks defo have front/rear mounts

88 forks changed back to side mounts, but still between the cable guides and seem higher up the forks

89 forks changed back to front/rear mounts

90 forks are also front/rear but droput style completely different

I guess as long as they fit Ok then whats the big deal right?

I would like to get to the bottom of this though...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 12:30 AM by Lamby »

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 07:41 AM »
Didn't know it was your Dom  ???

I could be that it is an early 87 Master  ??? & they had not changed the fork pegs yet, Haro were always changing stuff, I remember someone on here had a proto-type 87 Master a while ago with different rear dropouts.

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 08:13 AM »
Its a March 1987 serial..

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 08:55 AM »

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Well there's 2 guys called  Dom and Chris on here who are the best Haro experts , so I 'd pretty much go with their judgements  ;)

g_lamb

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 09:03 AM »

Well there's 2 guys called  Dom and Chris on here who are the best Haro experts , so I 'd pretty much go with their judgements  ;)

Ahh, you see that's OK when you know peoples real names and not just their display names, like yourself. I see you on here all the time but have absolutely no idea what your real name is, or which bikes you're into, so I've probably just embarrased myself for the 2nd time... :-[

Haven't been a member of Rad long so only really know display names and not the real names behind them...

If I've offended Dom & Chris it was certainly not intended!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 09:12 AM by Lamby »

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 09:38 AM »
The quote just amused me Lamby , bud  :) ;)

somebody had to tell you  :daumenhoch:

I don't know your name sorry  ::)

mines Christian, BTW  :daumenhoch:

but you can call me owt you want  :D

g_lamb

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 09:52 AM »
The quote just amused me Lamby , bud  :) ;)

somebody had to tell you  :daumenhoch:

I don't know your name sorry  ::)

mines Christian, BTW  :daumenhoch:

but you can call me owt you want  :D
I'm Greg - pleased to me you huntergatherer  :D

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 09:55 AM »

Ahh, you see that's OK when you know peoples real names and not just their display names, like yourself. I see you on here all the time but have absolutely no idea what your real name is, or which bikes you're into, so I've probably just embarrased myself for the 2nd time... :-[

Haven't been a member of Rad long so only really know display names and not the real names behind them...

I never get offended by things written on forums, it's all to easy to missunderstand what someone are trying to say when it is written & take it the wrong way, so don't worry about upsetting me  :daumenhoch: on here anyway  ;)

I'm just shocked that there was another Haro frame/fork combo that I have not come across before  :-[

g_lamb

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2010, 10:05 AM »

I never get offended by things written on forums, it's all to easy to missunderstand what someone are trying to say when it is written & take it the wrong way, so don't worry about upsetting me  :daumenhoch: on here anyway  ;)

I'm just shocked that there was another Haro frame/fork combo that I have not come across before  :-[

I'm slowly learning that I can't always go by the Manufacturer Catalogues  ::)

I take it PHIPPSIO is Dom?  ???

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2010, 11:08 AM »
Yes Phippsio is Dom  :daumenhoch:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2010, 08:54 PM »
did you buy it then Lamby??? :daumenhoch:

g_lamb

« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2010, 09:24 PM »

Got outbid  :'(

Not sure if anyone on here bought it. Winning bidder submitted bid within last few secs of auction so i only had time to respond with a max bid once. Went for £206 and a few pence

Really wanted this and probably should have set a higher maximum bid :(

I guess there'll be others, never seem to find them easily. Is there a "secret" other than eBay?

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2010, 09:43 PM »
sounds like you need some bid snipe software :daumenhoch:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2010, 10:19 AM »

Got outbid  :'(

Not sure if anyone on here bought it. Winning bidder submitted bid within last few secs of auction so i only had time to respond with a max bid once. Went for £206 and a few pence

Really wanted this and probably should have set a higher maximum bid :(

I guess there'll be others, never seem to find them easily. Is there a "secret" other than eBay?

Yes if you need a snipper pm me & I will send you the one I use, or used to use when I used to buy stuff  :(

Just keep looking on eBay & USeBay  :daumenhoch:

g_lamb

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2010, 06:23 PM »
Wasn't sure if peeps bought through bmxmuseum or not as I never seem to find much through eBay

It seems like the regulars on here always seem to have a new build on the go so wasn't sure if there was a "special place" to look and buy

pm on it's way Chris

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2010, 07:00 PM »
was watching that too reasonably cheap for a change  :daumenhoch: 

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  87 haro master f+f value

gfxgfx
gfx gfx