gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 04:09 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Open day pics of Redditch Premiers Sat 10th July, great day
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Open day pics of Redditch Premiers Sat 10th July, great day  (Read 3140 times)

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
It was the open day at the new Redditch track today, a free event (how often can you go out to a free event) and was a great afternoon with lots of riders of all ages, and all manner of bikes/cruisers/old/mid/new school BMX.

First off massive credit to all the volunteers, marhsalls, safety crew and all that was needed to put this event on, first class :4_17_5:. I don't know the full ins and outs of how the track came to being but a thanks also has to go for the financial support provided by the Redditch council and the cycle association? (think BMX matt can confirm in more detail) but something like £300k to help bring this alive. PROPS TO EVERYONE INVOLVED WITH REDDITCH PREMIERS  :4_17_5: :4_17_5:

Met some nice peeps today including Rad member Brummie (Dave), top bloke and has a couple of lovely kids Henry and George, cuties, had a good old chinwag. Also saw Jai (se BMXer) on his cruiser and some of Matts mates Steve and Martain who were helping out. Also a guy named Andy Haynes? who used to ride for redline bitd and was national champ for about 7 years, anyone remember him, will need to check my BMX Bi Weekly as he said he was in their loads of times.

So to the pics, I've put then in track order as opposed to how I took them during the afternoon. Hope you like and get a sense of the place.

Family atmosphere

Queing for the gate. Think the guy on the Free Agent is Andy who is involved with the new Perry Park track.

Riders ready

Who's got the holeshot

These guys were quick:

All ages taking part:

Mid section

Think with this pic you get a sense of how big and long this track is, it's brill :daumenhoch:

BMX Matt with his hose pipe out (ooo err). Really nice guy and real chuffed about the new track :4_17_5:

Ha ha it's me, oooo must be doing around 30mph here lol!! Do I really look that big on  a bike!

Final berm and section

This little fella is only 8 but was fully decked up in BMX gear, was cool

I still have more pics to post :crazy2: but it's taken me ages to do these, bl**dy pc!!

If Radbmx ever need an alternative to MK, this might be it, there's a skatepark slap bang next door, a nice pub, plenty of parking and facilities for camping...and it's near to where I live!!

Great day, great peeps, really enjoyed it., hope Redditch really takes off .

Paul
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 12:56 AM by aerostylie »
Vans Style

b45t4rd

Re: Pics from Redditch Premiers Open day Sat 10th, great day
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 09:42 PM »
Great pics Paul.  :daumenhoch:
I'm going tomorrow for the first race. It takes a lot to stop me watching my F1, but I can't wait for this. :)

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 09:45 PM »
x2 great to meet you paul and i too hope it takes off, hope to make it tomoz to have a gander  ;)

great pics dude :4_17_5:

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 06:29 AM »
great pics there fella and good to catch up with you again, hopefully see you down here again soon  :daumenhoch:

b45t4rd

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 07:21 AM »
Looking forward to this.  :)
Nice bit of overnight rain to dampen the track down, should help keep you off the hose Matt.  :daumenhoch:

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
Re: Pics Redditch Premiers Open day Sat 10th, great day
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 12:54 AM »
Last few pics from Saturday:

Some archive material in the clubhouse

Couple more track pics

GT belongs to a guy called Neil Gardner (from Evesham) used to ride flatland in a freestyle team bitd, don't think he's a rad member but told him about the site. The pic does not do the frame colour justice  8)

and some other old bike lying about, the rider ain't much cop ;D

Great afternoon it was, hope Sunday was a success :daumenhoch:
Vans Style

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Open day pics of Redditch Premiers Sat 10th July, great day

gfxgfx
gfx gfx