gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 03:56 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  new school tyre help guys
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: new school tyre help guys  (Read 1733 times)

motomagII

new school tyre help guys
« on: May 27, 2010, 08:46 PM »
got new practice rider needs front tyre got maxi holy roller 2.25 on at moment and the front end is way heavy .
i love compo 3 tyres but looking to put lite weight tyre on front but needs to be grippy on track and preferably big ish ie 1.9 or more i reckon what ya recommend and how much lighter will it be weight wise
ta

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: new school tyre help guys
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 09:24 PM »
I've been running Kenda Small block 8's for awhile on my cruiser. Lots of people seem to be using Tioga powerblocks or Maxxis DTH.Both designed more for the modern tarmac berms.

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 10:02 PM »
 :) I use both the Powerblocks and the Maxxis DTH & they`re both much lighter than Comp 3s.If you`re looking for something  knobbly but with a bit less rolling resistance than a Comp 3 then the Supercross Blue Streaks are worth looking at.

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2010, 12:48 PM »
Gregster, my cruiser has Intense Haalo tyres on. They have fairly deep tread but also roll well on tarmac berms etc.  The back is 1.5 and front is 1.75, however they are big tyres, so the back is more like a 1.75 comp 3, and the front more like a 1.9 if that makes sense. I don't know how light they are, you could probably look that up.

fuzzywig

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2010, 06:59 PM »
Schwalbe MowJoe is a great tyre  :)

Moschops

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 10:02 PM »
Go smaller, there is really no need to have that much up front, the R&D that goes into tyres now makes them so grippy you can afford to make your foot print smaller which makes the tyre smaller and lighter.

Look at Maxxis DTH 1.75 fromt & rear  ;)

motomagII

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 06:47 PM »
just got federal folding tyre man its grippy as and light very lgiht weight.nice tyre for 17.99

dialledbikes

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2010, 09:04 AM »
Knobblies, I'd go for Schwalbe Mow Joe.  Slicks, try Maxxis DTH.

We've had a few probs recently with Power Blocks puncturing too easily.

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2010, 09:05 AM »
Maxxis DTH are ace imo.

gordy

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2010, 02:18 PM »
i used to run a small block 8 on both my 20" and  cruiser and loved it, recently changed to a powerblock on the front and back to race the Aussie nationals with asphalt berms and was super good to ride. couldnt be bothered changing it back and it feels good even on a wet n soft track. if you still like the thought of a knobbie up front go the small block 8 

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  new school tyre help guys

gfxgfx
gfx gfx