gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 04:28 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  BMX BI Weekly Vol 3 Issue 25....anyone?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BMX BI Weekly Vol 3 Issue 25....anyone?  (Read 2301 times)

stuart74

BMX BI Weekly Vol 3 Issue 25....anyone?
« on: June 14, 2010, 04:33 PM »
Hi,

Got this Yes Racing BMX 2400 I've had a couple of years. I remember Yes being around but can find practically nothing on them. Apparently (23mag) there's a review of this bike in BMX Bi Weekly Vol 3 Issue 25, anyone got a copy at all? I've never been able to find a pic of the complete 2400 cruiser so no idea what the original spec / geometry was or even what it looked like (don't think any of it's original even the forks are Akisu but they could've come on it I guess...?).
Anyway any help would be appreciated!
Cheers

Offline PRO THUNDER

• Curb Endo
  • Wanted. Huffy Pro Thunder bikes and parts.
  • Rated:
Re: BMX BI Weekly Vol 3 Issue 25....anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 05:17 PM »
I'VE GOT A COPY.  IF YOU WANT I'LL TRY AND SCAN THE TEST REPORT FOR YOU TONIGHT, THEN I'LL PM YA. LMK  :daumenhoch:

stuart74

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 05:20 PM »
That would be amazing if you can! I've been looking everywhere for that article for a couple of years, dunno why I didn't ask on here sooner!
Thanks for your help.
Stuart

Offline PRO THUNDER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 05:50 PM »
 :daumenhoch:

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 06:19 PM »
There was a little bike shop in a small town in north wales that until a few years ago still had the yes bmx posters on the walls of the shop. Im down that neck of the woods tommorow to visit my dad in hospital so will pop and have a look if they are still there, I was supposed to go down that way a few weeks back but didnt get a chance.

Matt

stuart74

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 07:10 PM »
Cool. I remember Yes from when I was a kid but think they were only around for a few years, I used to have tons of the Yes racing stickers I got somewhere. Love to see a pic of those posters if you go by there! Cheers.

Offline PRO THUNDER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 10:06 PM »
STUART

HERE YOU GO, JUST SCANNED THEM.  HOPE THIS HELP YOU. :daumenhoch:

stuart74

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 10:24 PM »

That's great, thanks so much for the scans, really appreciate it.
Interesting read, glad mine has only the original frame and forks after reading that!
Cheers
Stuart

Offline mattfx81

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 10:34 PM »
I got down to wales today wasnt until late on and the shop I mentioned was shut but i could see a marlboro bmx poster behind the counter and it still has raleigh brochures including a large (covers most of a door) and also a puch/agv poster. They are all heavily faded but intact, I need to get down there when its open and see what parts theyve still got if any cos the tyres and wheels hanging in  the window look pretty old. I know they sold yes, raleigh, marlboro and puch now.

Matt

stuart74

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 08:11 AM »

Cool. If you get in there sounds like you might find some gems!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  BMX BI Weekly Vol 3 Issue 25....anyone?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx