gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 03:26 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  it's time to dig up Gillingham Skatepark !
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: it's time to dig up Gillingham Skatepark !  (Read 12049 times)

Offline dirtyvans

• BMX Nerd
    • Energy Flash Records
  • Rated:
Re: it's time to dig up Gillingham Skatepark !
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2010, 08:41 PM »
cool i joined the facebook group, i wonder how many other bowls are hidden, even brighton had one once, wheres me spade!

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2010, 08:53 PM »
Blimey!!! Moose....there's a name from the past. I can vaguely remember the home made quarter pipe in his parents back garden when they lived in chatham ( i'm sure it was him, i could be wrong)

Moose broke his Jaw in the blue bowl and used to be good friends with Justin Denyer from Hoo.  Justin is the guy that had the ramps from BMX beat down on his farm.  I remember them being orange and Yellow (the ramps).

BillinghamfromGillingham

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2010, 02:23 PM »
Yeah! they were like a tequilla sunrise effect. I went over there once with Pete (breakdancer, good at windmills) Matt, Mike watts, Jason Hoad must have been there (my memory's not all it used to be). I remember suffering popout itus on the quarter pipe :'(  and just had to kick turn the hell out of the trick ramp. My nan still lives in Hoo and that farm was just past her house at the end of Stoke road ( i think). Memory overload :crazy2:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2010, 04:23 PM »
A better memory than me realing off all those names.   :daumenhoch:  Yes Tequila sunrise great description.  The top of that Quarter pipe wasn't very big.  Oh to be a Kid again.  Oh I am only the toys are more expensive Now...   >:D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 08:46 PM by brettypeeps »

BERT WHEELZ

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2010, 08:32 PM »
 :( popped there today, still all covered in grass, a real shame, rode with moose and hoad in the 80s, where are you now?, chris farrell

sweetbeats

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2010, 06:09 PM »
Great stuff!!!

Might even find Glynn Lewis in there.
:LolLolLolLol:
Bet he has a stash of ladder bars with him as well  :2funny:

RADHAB

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2010, 09:28 AM »

all we need now is Tony Robinson from timteam to find the elusive DP !!

blimey!! I know they dig up some crap on there but lets not ruin the program by unearthing rubbish like that! Lol.

nosher70

« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2010, 01:07 PM »
awesome fb group. EVERYONE should join thee youngsters today wouldnt know what theyre missing until the beast is dug up!!! theres 2000 plus members so keep it up and it WILL happen even if the council wont spend due to the cutbacks...................if we all muck in we could do this by hand if necessary!!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  it's time to dig up Gillingham Skatepark !

gfxgfx
gfx gfx