gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 10:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A Gaggle of Geese!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A Gaggle of Geese!  (Read 417 times)

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
A Gaggle of Geese!
« on: June 10, 2010, 08:02 AM »
Since the theft of my proper bikes, and duly spending the insurance claim money on a new shed/workshop, money has been tight bike-wise, so I have built these up using bits I mostly had (on a budget)

Its an approx 2006 mongoose pro something or other, bought it off some druggy kids in the park for a fiver, had a decent front wheel, tyre and bars on it. chuff all else though. had it blasted and clear powdered, really pleased with the finish.

I have built it up for my daughter, she has a 24" beach cruiser, but its a bit too leggy for her at the minute as she's only just getting to grips with riding. It's getting its long 3pc cranks on it when she's finished, then it's gonna live in France as my `holiday' pub rider. (check out the pound shop seat!!)

Another Mongoose pro, £50 complete ebay purchase, built up for my mate Martyn, he fancied something to roll around to the shops and pub on, Green is his favourite colour, and MG are his initials total cost was £120 including paint and blasting, he was quite pleased!

Built this one for me to take to the track, (don't want to dirty the white ame's on the quadangle!) again, a mongoose pro (£7 frame ebay) with freeagent forks, 48 spoke araya's, federal cranks, shark bites and odi grips.

Munn is our surname, hence the change to the spelling!

I know they are pants bikes, but i've had just as much enjoyment building these as I get from real bikes.

What do you think?
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
Re: A Gaggle of Geese!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 08:40 AM »
Mark - if you are having fun then thats all that matters!

+ it gets you off the PC for a bit dontit  :daumenhoch:

i like that green one y'know - looks fun  :angel:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 09:04 AM »
They look cool mate!  i bet there a tad weighty??

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2010, 09:22 AM »
They do weigh a bit, but so does my Quad, it doesn't really make that much difference with my present ability!

My next build is going to be a modern (late 90's/ early 2000's) ripper, so should be a bit lighter, i've got some 7x's in work for it, but that'll be in the autumn.
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  A Gaggle of Geese!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx