gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 02:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  robinson
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: robinson  (Read 1135 times)

motomagII

robinson
« on: May 27, 2010, 08:11 PM »

quickly built up to try not sure if this is mid or new 1998 robinson frame and forks .
feels good doesnt feel like 20 inch top tube for sure but front end is bit low for me at moment will have to have play also front is tad heavy maybe the tyre i had .
built from mostly used parts
robinson rebel 1998 race frame and forks
used headset
new 28x8.25 bars
new dk stem .bit heavy and low will be changed eventually when i casn afford summat better
ame grips
tech 77 pre bent lever (need v brake lever but cant buy one yet)
used sugino gt crankset and 44t sugino ring
oddy sharbite pedals new
new kalloy seat post with s&M p rail seat new
robinson twin clamp seat post clamp
acs sealed hubs and what look lilke mid school gt performer rims /wheels
crap v brake but it stops too keen at moment with kool stop pads and slick cable .(pulled the lever and nearly went over the bars god the brake is kean man )
so this cost about £200.00 or so to put together maybe bit over but it weighs in at very impressive 23 lbs and this will go down when i can find lighter tyre for front .
any suggestions on new school tyre ????for race of course and i dont like 1.75 front i like bigger one

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
Re: robinson
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2010, 08:19 PM »
looks good Gregster, at least it'll see the track in your hands, all it saw at mine was the loft walls!  :daumenhoch:

motomagII

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 08:21 PM »
sure will matey m,y new practice bike give the brackens rest .wont be out riding thisd weekend dont waqnna get hurt .going away on hols monday

Offline Peter J

• BMX Nerd
  • I have issues
    • http://www.sumoservices.com/
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 08:39 PM »
Nice Build there Greg,

:4_17_5:

Looks a proper rider  :daumenhoch:
I might actually build a bike this year instead of just hoarding parts :)

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2010, 06:58 AM »
Gregster, my cruiser has Intense Haalo tyres on. They have fairly deep tread but also roll well on tarmac berms etc.  The back is 1.5 and front is 1.75, however they are big tyres, so the back is more like a 1.75 comp 3, and the front more like a 1.9 if that makes sense. I don't know how light they are, you could probably look that up.

motomagII

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 12:22 PM »
been to fearnville on this today and its now very very dirty lol
cant believe how nice this rides i actually managed to manual 2 step ups on the last straight quite few times .this bike is the bollox when it comes to riding compared to old school love it to bits .front end is heavy though for some reason and struggled to jump on it but msnualing is summat ive always found difficult to do and well pleased ive finally found summat i can do this on and practice till i can get it on other bikes too .
need to change front tyre for sure see how much weight i can loose off the front end .,

magna13

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 01:41 PM »
Glad to here you've had fun with it Greg :daumenhoch: i always love it when you get out on a track on a bike that is totally unexpected to how you think its going to ride :smitten:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  robinson

gfxgfx
gfx gfx