gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 10:33 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone got/had tennis elbow? Tips?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone got/had tennis elbow? Tips?  (Read 777 times)

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
Anyone got/had tennis elbow? Tips?
« on: June 01, 2010, 10:27 PM »
Over the last couple of months I've had a dull ache on the outside of my left elbow. The last couple of times I've raced I've been in quite a bit of pain afterwards and it seems to fit with tennis elbow. I started riding again only this year (never had the pain before) and I've done a lot of pressups as well as quite a bit of street riding, re-learning bunnyhops, jumping down steps on the way home from work etc etc.
Any help gratefully received; I do have dumbells and a Powerball if there's any specific exercises to do.

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Anyone got/had tennis elbow? Tips?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 11:14 PM »
/>
 :daumenhoch:

Rudeboy72

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 08:47 AM »
I had it for over four months until I was shown some simple stretching exercises!

Hold your arm up keeping it straight with your palm facing away from you (fingers facing up). With your other hand grab your fingers on your bad arm and gently pull the fingers back which will stretch the ligaments in your arm! Repeat this but this time have your palm facing towards you and your fingers facing down! Also rub the tender part on your elbow quite hard in a circular motion for about ten minutes, it hurts but doing these stretches a few times a day will relive the pain and you will be right as rain in a month or so! :)   

thecrooch

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 08:56 AM »
massage does help - one session on mine and it was gone - got it in the other elbow now and it kills after racing...

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 09:08 AM »
I've had it in both arms, catch it early, Ice pack it every night, massage it with some nurofen gel & get one of these to wear when you do anything to stress it. I went to go & see a physio, but I have free heathcare so might as well use it.

http://www.physioroom.com/product/Vulkan_Tennis_Elbow_Brace/2033/37056.html

monkian

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 02:46 PM »
WD40

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 05:19 PM »
I had it in both elbows on and off, but mostly on, for 2-3 years because of BMX, i tried all of the above, had steroid injections  and even went as far as acupuncture. None of it really worked, i have it in my shoulders now, nice  ::)

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 06:19 PM »
Cheers dudes!
I did know a little about it so I've been doing stretches a lot today.
Jon

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 10:27 PM »
Simple... stop playing tennis, it is gay anyway.  :D

scott250

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 11:32 PM »
Your over using it, just rest out in between rides.  Weight lifting/press ups will only make it worse.

I used to get it, when I over did stuff.  When I trained in chiness boxing the sifu dude showed me this thing, you kind of stand next to a wall and run 45 degrees with your opposite hand up and down the wall, using your hand like a spider to lossen up  - never did shit for me, but you never know might work wonders for you  :2funny: , haha.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 11:36 PM »
uuuwwww. pig to get rid of that, if you can.  :-\ It's a fecker though. like sinusitis, once you've had it it's easy to get again and again and again. listen to your physio and even when it feels right, it's still probably not and needs longer.
ding dong

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 07:34 AM »
DON'T do any stretching it will make it worse ! you need it to recover first,it is overuse of the forearm muscles that cause tennis elbow in the first place and doing repetitive things is also a cause-so rest it first as much as you can when i had it,it went on for about a year but i wore a arm brace to restrict the movement of the forearm muscles( one from boots is fine)
AND try to go to the doctor and see if he will prescribe you DICLOFENAC tablets http://www.patient.co.uk/medicine/Diclofenac.htm
i took these while i had my hernia operation and it helped 1 million percent with my tennis elbow :daumenhoch:

bmxboy70

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2010, 09:04 AM »
Hey Jon! I had this , I went to the docter because it was so painful. He gave me a sheet with excersizes on it ,, I thought this will never work!!! But it did............
Does this mean its slowing you down??? :2funny:

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2010, 09:10 AM »
No Si, and I don't think it's as bad as some of you have had it by the sound of things.  I think as I get older I'm actually taking notice of aches and pains whereas I'd have ignored them in the past! Rest has improved it very significantly, I'll do more stretches when it feels fully healed.

bmxboy70

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 09:13 AM »
Its probably that music business thats causing it? You know you will just get board with it? BMX however.........different story..... :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Anyone got/had tennis elbow? Tips?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx