gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 09:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  fire bird freestyler mini
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: fire bird freestyler mini  (Read 5814 times)

firebirdmini

fire bird freestyler mini
« on: May 29, 2010, 07:04 PM »
hi alll

having ridden at hounslow bmx during the days of bmx beat, i had a march mini and a firebird freestyler mini, i was in the loft the other day and came across my 2 bikes, didnt realise thier was such a following of these bikes. I plan to restore the dp firebird freestyler mini to original conditon, does any body have any press pics at the time or  any other info, it woras along time ago themselves restored one, thanks for help

firebird

Re: fire bird freestyler mini
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 08:07 PM »
There isn't much in the way of informationon the mini freestyler. Only one press picture that was in action bike mag. You can veiw this on my web site on the adverts page.

Is your White or chrome, 16 or 20" version?

Steve

firebirdmini

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 08:24 PM »
There isn't much in the way of informationon the mini freestyler. Only one press picture that was in action bike mag. You can veiw this on my web site on the adverts page.

Is your White or chrome, 16 or 20" version?

Steve

i think it was 16 as i was very young at the time, it had red decals and the bike is chrome, which i will post pics of soon, thanks for help, do you have any pics so i can get ideas for new parts,  i will pos some pics soon
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 08:27 PM by firebirdmini »

firebird

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 09:29 PM »
Ok, I have a 16 " mini freestyler, very nice. Never seen a chrome one before very interesting.

Is yours a complete bike?

There were no adverts of the 16" freestyler, only one small advert showing a complete build that a bike shop could put together for you. This advert is also on my site.

steve

firebirdmini

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 09:50 PM »
Ok, I have a 16 " mini freestyler, very nice. Never seen a chrome one before very interesting.

Is yours a complete bike?

There were no adverts of the 16" freestyler, only one small advert showing a complete build that a bike shop could put together for you. This advert is also on my site.

steve

sorry looking at your site in the mini freestyler, you have one in a blue colour mine is a 20  the twin top tubes came staright off the top of the head tube and staright down to the rear dropouts but in chrome with original decals, it was bought as a built bike, the best christmas a boy could have, suntour crank, seat post clamp etc will be searching for era parts to make in to a really nice bike, do you think this is a rare item ?

firebird

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 10:58 PM »
right, so you have a 20" mini freestyler. all origianl with complete decals, very nice. I haven't seen many of those. Im after one for my collection but the price would have to be right.

firebird

« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2010, 04:13 PM »
Have you taken any pictures yet? Looking forward to seeing them

firebirdmini

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2010, 06:26 PM »
hi  saw you were online now thought i would just say uploading my pics now of mini firebird and mrd mini, be about 10 mins

firebirdmini

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 06:45 PM »

firebirdmini

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2010, 07:13 PM »
cant seem to upload photos, it keeps putting the letters img when i push insert image, rather than a photo any ideas anyone please

firebird

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2010, 07:34 PM »
So your using photobucket right?

firebirdmini

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 08:07 PM »
no i am not using photobucket

firebird

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 08:25 PM »
Here you go

Not sure on the forks, can't see them all that clearly but they don't look like dp forks
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 08:27 PM by Firebird »

firebirdmini

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 08:40 PM »
the forks are on my mrd mini so need to swap them back, i put the mrd forks on this for some reason unknown, i have no wheels or tyres for this do you know if they do skyways, for this size frame, having read all through your fantastic website i am going to restore this, going to get the frame rechromed etc, and do a rebuild really looking forward to it, thanks for the help firebird

firebird

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2010, 08:47 PM »
Cool, you have the forks. You can fit standard 20" skyways to this model. How bad is the chrome, shame to redo it

steve

firebird

« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 08:57 PM »
 On the forks, are the dropout on the end of the fork leg or on the front face if the leg?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 10:34 PM by Firebird »

firebirdmini

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 09:22 PM »
going to try to polish first,  and start rebuild, any idea on a good polish got a dremmel style tool and few hours next week let the fun begin, do you want to see picks of my other mini  out of intrest

firebird

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2010, 10:36 PM »
Go easy with the dremmel, you could dull the chrome off

Yeah, send some pics of the other mini too, I'll add them to the thread

firebirdmini

« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2010, 04:31 PM »
im looking to restore the firbird to original  glory, was going to source some blue skyway 20" with tyres similar to the ones on a gt performer freestyle, the kind of smooth ones not sure of brand, got a suntour headset, with shimano pedals, might replace the bars with something else  any ideas pics etc,

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2010, 09:10 PM »
your starting point is always Steve(Firebird)'s site - best collection of dp images and colourways

http://www.dpfirebird.co.uk

If it was me I would go orange/grey with the chrome ... sweet  :daumenhoch:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Rodgy1970

« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2010, 09:40 PM »
Peek polish normally gets the nod for chrome, I'd do it by hand and wouldn't use a dremmel tbh.

You can remove surface rust by rubbing it with scrunched up aluminium foil dipped in coca cola.

Avoid anything too abrasive Autosol, Brillo Pads etc.

Offline gary67

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 11:30 PM »
Never seen the Firebird site before,nice one :)I had a white one and all the paint cracked on the rear end :(Great frame though,and Glyn Lewis was the man :coolsmiley:

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2010, 05:12 PM »
just because I can  :LolLolLolLol:

"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline gary67

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2010, 06:12 PM »
I had whits ogk's on mine,your making me cry now :'( :'(

firebirdmini

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2010, 07:27 PM »
wow thats nice bike, what make are the tyres on thier and where best to obtain them please,

thanks for the comments guys, will be trying the coke and aluminium thing,

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  fire bird freestyler mini

gfxgfx
gfx gfx