gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 05:28 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  just got 1985 haro freestyler sport survivor (after spent 4 hours cleaning it)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: just got 1985 haro freestyler sport survivor (after spent 4 hours cleaning it)  (Read 12451 times)

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
just got this been in an attic for 20 years when i say it was black i mean black but its in nice nick really and got some nice bits on, the paint and decals are original from new , so i'm going to clean it up bit by bit, the chrome comes up mint with a bit of polish i did the bottom of 1 fork and it came up immac, i might leave paint as is or just strip the white off the top tube but i quite like the survivor look, the date code on frame is 1985 starts 85***** but i think the forks are 86/87

update see last post fitted new tyres and cleaned wheels up etc on 20/9/10

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 02:50 AM by glenboy »

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
cool find.
i'd deffo leave that just as it is  8)
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
yeh this bike has lived, just going to clean it up bit by bit, otherwise i'll just end up with bits round the house for months  ;D, i really like the odyssey 2000 brakes they look really cool and a bit different

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
like that :daumenhoch: Nice find  :smitten:
The frame looks like the 86 model on an 85 serial number so I would imagine 8510 or higher which was no unusual and the forks are 87 as the bolts run front to back :daumenhoch:

Refurb or Survivor?  I would repowder and decal and clean the rest up.  Get the forks half painted aswell but it is up to you.  It is all about what you want  :police:

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
your spot on serial number starts 8511 so 86 then with 87 forks thanks  :daumenhoch: you know your stuff, not sure whether to repowder but going to clean it all up then decide

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Only you can decide Super Bike Dan did an awesome Job on my 86 Master and Del did my Graphics and I am so glad I had it done

This

to

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
yes i looked at his threads he does a cracking job does he strip the paint off and everything, i'll prob get it done i just thought it was nice having the original decals etc

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Yes Dan did all the prep work for me and his work is Outstanding he works to achieve perfection and achieves it my Bars were slightly of in colour compared to the frame so he re powdered them.  I would not send one of my bikes to anyone else :daumenhoch:

Survivor is Great aswell you have to do what feels right for you..  Only you can decide :4_17_5:
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 02:03 PM by brettypeeps »

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
Brett & Dan... get a room  :smitten:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Rodgy1970

great find   8)

survivor for me, i'd change the tyres and leave it as it is    :smitten:

Bettyswallocks

Leave it as is, you wont be scared of riding it...  :daumenhoch:

Nice find btw...  ;)

trickydeno

Brett & Dan... get a room  :smitten:

:LolLolLolLol: proper!
very cool find though dan.....you can't beat a good old survivor rider  :daumenhoch:

i'd tidy it and ride it as it is.....not enough survivors-stay survivors

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
thanks guys yes i'm going to leave it as is for now,its got the dia compe 182 locking break levers which are really sturdy,just needs a bit of spit and polish on the chrome and a few bits

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
update...20/09/10

took the advice to ditch the tyres and got some haro whitewalls off robbo off here cheers robbo  :daumenhoch:, and put some grip tape over where most of the paint had rubbed off on the top tube( ghetto fix ) ;D and cleaned the wheels,brakes and chrome up and put some proper mushy grips on really happy with the result and going to keep the original survivor paint and decals

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 01:47 AM by glenboy »

Offline Jaymz

• Team RAD
  • My life is Radbmx
  • I'm not FOOKING Dave
  • Rated:
loving the 'ghetto fix' never heard of that one before, but it's useful to know!! lovely bike and i'm glad you're going the survivor route

snav69

I love survivors  :smitten:
and that's a cracker  :4_17_5:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Looks great, love the grip tape solution to worn paint; ghetto fix!  It works that's for sure  :daumenhoch:.

Tyres look great, in fact I have pair of those that I had forgotten about until I saw those :uglystupid2:.

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
he he cheers  ;D, yeh ghetto fix doesn't look bad for a 2 quid fix, the tyres really look great and make a massive difference to the look of it, the other tyres which were on it looked like they were off a truck  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline brettypeeps

• Team Admin / Mechanic
  • My life is Radbmx
    • Bretts Bikes
  • Rated:
Grip tape works well on that...  Great solution :4_17_5:

welsh denny

looks 100% newer than the first photos. simple solutions can sometimes be the best, espec if its for a survivor look. griptape covers a multitude of

sins. :daumenhoch:

that kashimax looks like a shark has attacked it though. :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
update...20/09/10

took the advice to ditch the tyres and got some haro whitewalls off robbo off here cheers robbo  :daumenhoch:, and put some grip tape over where most of the paint had rubbed off on the top tube( ghetto fix ) ;D and cleaned the wheels,brakes and chrome up and put some proper mushy grips on really happy with the result and going to keep the original survivor paint and decals

Glad your pleased with them Glen, they look great on the bike!  :daumenhoch:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
Nice survivor build that mate  :daumenhoch:

Love those tyres , big improvement  8)
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline glenboy

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Nice survivor build that mate  :daumenhoch:

Love those tyres , big improvement  8)

thanks mate  :daumenhoch:

looks 100% newer than the first photos. simple solutions can sometimes be the best, espec if its for a survivor look. griptape covers a multitude of

sins. :daumenhoch:

that kashimax looks like a shark has attacked it though. :LolLolLolLol:

yeh when sharks attack

TheGuvnor

Sweet  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  just got 1985 haro freestyler sport survivor (after spent 4 hours cleaning it)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx