gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 01:37 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Brake Cable Question.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Brake Cable Question.  (Read 1001 times)

stu70

Brake Cable Question.
« on: May 22, 2010, 10:56 AM »
Are there any modern brake cables out there that would work with a Tech 3 lever and MX 1000 set up, I've been looking for a rear Dia Compe cable in black or red for ages, none ever seem to come up, or that aren't part of a complete front and rear set, so was just wondering if there was something else I could use.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Brake Cable Question.
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 11:11 AM »
Odyssey Slic cables are pretty good but you will need to get a brake ferule from your LBS (locak bike shop), preferably an alloy one  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 02:40 PM »
are they real?  i don't remember any of my DC cables having the ferrals at the ends like that??

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 02:54 PM »
Are there any modern brake cables out there that would work with a Tech 3 lever and MX 1000 set up, I've been looking for a rear Dia Compe cable in black or red for ages, none ever seem to come up, or that aren't part of a complete front and rear set, so was just wondering if there was something else I could use.

Is it to ride or for a show build ? Have you not thought about just replacing the outer sleeve with some red / black stuff as required ?

There's all sorts on the bay - quick search found these in various colours :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1x-Cycle-Brake-Gear-outer-cable-Bike-7-colours-/150411620161?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item68c63ffc6d

:daumenhoch:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 03:05 PM »
are they real?  i don't remember any of my DC cables having the ferrals at the ends like that??
what about this ::)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dia-Compe-Low-Friction-Cycle-Bike-Brake-Cable-REAR-/110523953809?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item19bbbdb291

They are mountain bike brake cables, the lack of a ferule is the giveaway, that one only has a capped end  ;)

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 03:28 PM »
Yeah I thought they didn't look quite right  :daumenhoch:

stu70

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 11:06 AM »
Thanks for the help, much appreciated   :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Brake Cable Question.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx