gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 08:18 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  nos ramp room 95 condor score....how bout an egg too? am i done yet? lol
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: nos ramp room 95 condor score....how bout an egg too? am i done yet? lol  (Read 1701 times)

condor96

found this mid 95 condor frameset (pretty much the last one ive been looking for) completely buy luck by googleing "95 condor". 3rd thing that popped up was a craigslist sale ad posted 10 minutes earlier and for a pretty good price. had to enlist some help to get it for me as it was in california (they wouldnt ship,or even respond to my email) ...... and im on the complete other end of the country in florida. never been built or rode but it has been tumbled around in a closet quite a bit. im mega stoked on it  :smitten:

still has the original masking tape still on the 990 mounts  :shocked:

and a 95 egg. traded a set of 1" superforks/stem for this. pretty much got this to help out Ian (egg) im re-drawing the artwork for him since he has helped me out with sooo much its the least i could do  :coolsmiley:  ian, im almost done with the artwork for you. just have a few details to do on it (these decals are very detail intensive) and redo it with a sharpie ultra fine point marker then take it somewhere to get scanned  :daumenhoch:

« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 06:44 AM by condor96 »

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
what a find,glad to see a few gems turning up   :)

Offline bmxmatt1974

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
cool find  :daumenhoch:
and that egg is cool, never seen 1 of those before

condor96

cool find  :daumenhoch:
and that egg is cool, never seen 1 of those before

thats because most folded in half  :2funny:
says on the seat tube decal "for non-professional use only"   :D

thecaptain

whats up with the egg frame, was it a low end product or made for complete bikes?

condor96

whats up with the egg frame, was it a low end product or made for complete bikes?

low end complete with an interesting story

named the egg (as in baby condor that they knew was gonna crack) most new bike sales are entry level rides, the idea was to get kids into riding and gain presence in the shops so they would see how the bikes were being moved out and then order the serious equipment. making an affordable entry level bike couldnt be done in house with the high end models because of cost constraints, so the egg was made in taiwan (their first bike made there) and they were made out of mild steel tubing. perfect for a little kid transportation and jumping curbs and to get into riding. hoffmans reputation preceded themselfs of being the best bikes you can buy and despite their best efforts to alert people that the egg was not on the same level as their infamous american built high end bikes, alot of serious riders bought them and promptly destroyed them. they got back loads of broken and cracked frames and choppered forks.they had to do something before their reputation was destroyed and find a better way to get entry level bikes built in volumes. the egg was promptly pulled out of their lineup and they knew they couldnt make the same mistake again (which they thankfully didnt)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
i tip my hat to your knowledge......love reading your threads and looking at those stunning Hoffmans of yours!   :daumenhoch:

thecaptain

sweet bit of history there. love it! thanks matey

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
Loving that Egg - what an awesome find.

Fooking love it. Lots.

spooky69

Good find there, I seem to remember reading about that batch of frames in Hoffman's book "Ride of my life", and how they had so many returns due to breakages ;)
Still it'll be good to build one up as there aren't too many of them left intact I guess ???

condor96

thanks guys,you guys sure do know how to make me blush  ;D 
didnt expect the rave about the egg lol i thought they were hated  :knuppel2: i think they are neat and the decals are way cool  :coolsmiley:
its in really really good shape, looks almost dead mint after ive touched up the paint and wet sanded and polished it  :daumenhoch:
i didnt really plan on building the egg up. more of wall art in my hoffman room. i guess one day i might throw some parts on it........
even though i wouldnt do it (and couldnt afford it),wouldnt it be hilarious to see an egg with some superpros, prince alberts, indy pegs etc. just a bunch of top notch mid school goodies on it? :2funny:

i do have the og condor seat that came on it. in very good shape, but i had planned on putting it on the condor at the top of the page.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  nos ramp room 95 condor score....how bout an egg too? am i done yet? lol

gfxgfx
gfx gfx