gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 12:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Haro Zippo rebuild with a twist (on a very tight budget) 1st Retro build
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Haro Zippo rebuild with a twist (on a very tight budget) 1st Retro build  (Read 1590 times)

calmac

Just a few of the pics above....................
Started life like this.....................

Did this with a budget of £90.................Just goes to show what you can do without spending fortunes, as my first Retro build.

I picked up a lot of tips on the restoration section & designed new graphics which are CHROME and i think really look well.

The wheels,pitbull brake,bars were all  restored by me as they were all in a bit of a sorry state, and i had frame resprayed white.

Hope you like,and it gives inspiration to someone else to have a go.

Calum.

Full pics are here  http://s666.photobucket.com/albums/vv21/motocross_jamie/Zippo%20Rebirth/
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 07:52 PM by calmac »

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
nice one mate  :daumenhoch:.
dave the bmxing gypo

oldschool rider

Well Done Bro, Looks great !!!!!!!!!

Steve  :daumenhoch:

scott250

That looks well nice.  I'm not much of a fan of 90s Haros, but that looks 1000x better with your twist :daumenhoch:
Kind of reminds me of the skyway dirtbros in the early 90s - like what Vic M had.

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
nice build  :daumenhoch:

i have one of these frames going cheap if anyone is interested
sorry to hijack

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Looks cool, nice job.....how does it ride?

calmac

Looks cool, nice job.....how does it ride?
very smooth & suprisingly fast running, fitting the 3 piece crank upgrade deff. makes it feel smoother & more solid,skinny tyres take a bit of getting used to & the pitbull 1 i would say is 200 x better than the old rear brake.
My son had it on our garden ramp (told him if he scratched it he's history) he managed to air it saying " not as light as my Proper but looks kool"  kids  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Robbo

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
I built a Zippo for the wife to roll around on, good to see another bought back to life! :daumenhoch:

Hootski70

Nice one :daumenhoch:, love the Zippo's in white , got one as my daily ramp bike .

telelogic

looks stunning mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline oldschoolrb

• Curb Endo
  • im all goosed out
  • Rated:
that looks well nice man  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Haro Zippo rebuild with a twist (on a very tight budget) 1st Retro build

gfxgfx
gfx gfx