gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 03:46 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  50+
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 50+  (Read 4878 times)

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
50+
« on: April 27, 2010, 01:02 AM »
who's gonna be the first in 50+ then, i know that billy, kai and me hit it at the same time so who was born before 65?

spillers#1

Re: 50+
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 10:47 AM »
Blimey andy you gotta make it through 45+ yet pal  :LolLolLolLol: if you come out still alive then think about 50+  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 05:13 PM »
Blimey andy you gotta make it through 45+ yet pal  :LolLolLolLol: if you come out still alive then think about 50+  :LolLolLolLol:
yeah i know mate  :LolLolLolLol: it was just something Kev and i were talking about the other night at Hersden,
we were wondering how long we could keep going

thecrooch

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 05:21 PM »
Doubt ill make it to the 45+ two more years i think before the bones are aching to much... will still keep me arm in (though not my hands as they are fooked already from too many offs already... :LolLolLolLol:.)

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 08:07 PM »
Isn't Humps already there, In a class of his own :daumenhoch:

wolfybmx

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2010, 07:55 PM »
i was born in 1964 and would like to think i would still be riding in 4 yrs time

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 08:54 PM »
Billy Fieldhouse is 56 and still very competive  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 08:05 PM »

Get my bus pass next year and still going strong though not so quick as I could be.  Raced last night at a club meeting and got 3rd/5th/4th and 3rd on a full gate.  Still can't manage a two-pedal start so rely on getting my trailing foot spot on the pedal as I launch out the gate.  I bet lots of you guys will be riding into your 60s so don't even think about giving it up!!  Humps

kdubbmx

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 08:53 PM »
Thanks for the inspiration Humps, you're not a legend, you're THE LEGEND!!!  :4_17_5:

mark 2

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 03:44 AM »
I've never met you Humps ( I don't think have..but.spoke to someone about your age at mk? ) but always admired your age has never been an issue ,  your an absolute kick up the arse and inspiration to all that think it's time to give up because they've reached 35. Admittedly you need to try harder, it's not inspired me enough to get me off my lazy arse, you've got your work cut out.   :LolLolLolLol:

But I think of you with the utmost respect and admiration, good on you  :daumenhoch:

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 07:24 AM »
I've met Humps at the Brits last year and see Billy Fieldhouse regularly at North regionals  :)

It's amazes me to think I could possibly do this at 50  in another 10 years nevermind 20  :shocked:

Both guys are truly outstanding  and inspirational  :4_17_5:

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 02:49 PM »

Get my bus pass next year and still going strong though not so quick as I could be.  Raced last night at a club meeting and got 3rd/5th/4th and 3rd on a full gate.  Still can't manage a two-pedal start so rely on getting my trailing foot spot on the pedal as I launch out the gate.  I bet lots of you guys will be riding into your 60s so don't even think about giving it up!!  Humps
wow, i had no idea, respect mate  :daumenhoch:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2010, 06:46 PM »
Appreciate your comments guys but I'm really just a silly old fool who used to get his buzz from racing cars but now gets the same adrenalin rush from BMX bikes.  And, until I have one more big stack, I intend to carry on riding (note I take care not to use the word "racing" too often) as long as I feel fit and able to.  I fuel myself on Glucosame Sulphate & Cod Liver Oil tablets plus some dodgy multi-vits with all sorts of muck in them and ride a bike about as often as I can be ar*ed to, so very much the 'Sunday racer' but hey, you only live once and life throws some serious sh1t at you so live it while you can.  Humps

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2010, 09:56 PM »
Appreciate your comments guys but I'm really just a silly old fool who used to get his buzz from racing cars but now gets the same adrenalin rush from BMX bikes.  And, until I have one more big stack, I intend to carry on riding (note I take care not to use the word "racing" too often) as long as I feel fit and able to.  I fuel myself on Glucosame Sulphate & Cod Liver Oil tablets plus some dodgy multi-vits with all sorts of muck in them and ride a bike about as often as I can be ar*ed to, so very much the 'Sunday racer' but hey, you only live once and life throws some serious sh1t at you so live it while you can.  Humps
  :daumenhoch:  cool :)

dialledbikes

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2010, 11:01 AM »
Dunno whether I will still be racing at 50+ but will always try to keep riding bikes as long as I still have a pulse.

Caddy555

« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2010, 06:19 PM »
Been asking for it for ages, I am 56 now no good at BMX, ride all bikes, London to Brighton every year.

Billy rocks he took me out at Bournemouth at a National years ago and still said sorry after wards great bloke 150% love of BMX and committed all the way.

Will still ride while the body is willing 'cough cough wheeze wheeze' anything,

The new cruiser is built and I am hoping that Simon (son) will get a few regionals under his belt and possibly one of the last Nationals??

May have a go at 45+ but they are still bl**dy quick hey Keith??

Cheers,

Caddy Snr.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 10:01 PM »
Sobering thought for you guys to consider.  This Sunday at Portreath the 45+ group in the South West will have two riders with a combined age of 116 years!!  And my adversary only started racing this year and he's pretty damn quick already.  He missed out, just as I did, on BMX racing first time around and is now having a ball proving something to himself.  We both did four races tonight and the 'youngster' beat me every time.  ;D Humps

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 10:21 PM »
Alan I met your brother David at Braintree tonight, are you twins ?
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 10:37 PM »
Alan I met your brother David at Braintree tonight, are you twins ?

Unfortunately yes Billy, he's 20 minutes older than me.  Surprised he still knew where the track was as he doesn't go up there very often.  Humps

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  50+

gfxgfx
gfx gfx