gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 07:33 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Hutch Copy
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hutch Copy  (Read 6464 times)

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
Re: Hutch Copy
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2010, 04:23 PM »
Nice collection RMB  :daumenhoch:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2010, 07:42 PM »
lovin your kuwy  8)
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2010, 06:06 PM »
yes glen.
ding dong

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2010, 07:13 PM »
Nice one Andy  :daumenhoch:
You look like a loaded newcomer on Rad, RMB, nice bikes
:LolLolLolLol:

Dude looks loaded for sure.. there's a fookin lake and a boat in yer garden fella  :daumenhoch:

Nice rides ya have there buddy  :daumenhoch:

J

Offline RMB76

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #54 on: May 10, 2010, 01:32 PM »
I agree with Glen, is there anyway to tell. It would be nice to hear something a little more scientific than "yes they are fake mate" especially as it was so easy (with everyone’s help and expert knowledge which I am still really grateful for) to establish the authenticity of the frame and forks.

The bike that they are on is easily the best in my collection and every single part on is Hutch, the stem bars clamp pedals and even the hubs.

And if they are fake how were they made and by whom because I want his number to buy more of them as they are so cool. I have every type of redline flight and none compare in looks or quality to my fakes.

Thanks again for everyone's help and encouraging comments about my bikes.

RMB
Questions are a burden to others, Answers a prison for oneself.

mark 2

« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2010, 05:39 PM »
Can of worms now open.....

The original builder of that bike was involved in the faking of aero speeds.

The bike was eventually sold to a Danny Busby down in Sussex.

He had the bike on ebay last october, in the listing the cranks were honestly described as repro aero speeds.

So whether the buyer of the bike bought it off the back of the ebay listing, I don't know. But if he did they were listed as repro.

Bike sells again recently to the above, I guess you were not made aware in the sale they're repro. The old cliche of "repro being fine in the right hands, in the wrong hands someone gets fleeced."

That's all I know of the history of that bike, and not much more than that. I know a bit about aero speeds if you want to know some tell-tale signs.

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2010, 05:48 PM »
i'd be interested to know as well Mark. It's the one Hutch component i've never owned.

mark 2

« Reply #57 on: May 10, 2010, 06:15 PM »
Well.....the ends past the pedal / spindle bosses are more extruded on the originals than fakes. Slighty different shape, more pointy, fakes are more rounded.

The edges / angles are more defined and sharper on originals.

The spindle bosses do not match on fakes, they're not square if you get what I mean.  If you put in a spindle with the hexagonal matching on both ends the angle would be slightly off-set from the other. I don't know if the fake spindles were made in such a way to counter-act this.

The thread is supposingly different on the powerdisc bolt in the fakes.

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2010, 06:19 PM »
always nice to know,thanks Mark.

mark 2

« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2010, 06:38 PM »

The spindle bosses do not match on fakes, they're not square if you get what I mean.  If you put in a spindle with the hexagonal matching on both ends the angle would be slightly off-set from the other. I don't know if the fake spindles were made in such a way to counter-act this.

:( Sorry to be writing all this tbh, but this thread was going around in circles.

Offline RMB76

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #60 on: May 10, 2010, 07:07 PM »
I’m not sorry you have been so exacting, half the fun of collecting these things is establishing the provenance and authenticity (the other half is how f$&king cool they look all lined up). However going back to what I said they are fantastic and would gladly buy more.

Also the differences are (if correct) so minor its still debatable I guess, I was expecting that the typeface or something really blatant was the big giveaway.

I notice Hutch are re issuing them in July are these exact copies or do they not match up?

And just so no one thinks I am fed up I bought a lemon I’m really not as you can see from my others bikes they are all of a certain calibre but this one is by far and away the best. I didn't buy it off e bay and gave £1200 for it and would have paid that for the frame bars and stem.

Its a shame stuff doesn't cost what it did when I started collecting I don't suppose anyone would be arsed about the devilish details.

AR seem to love it at the Burner Bash and have sent pics to Mike Miranda who said it was awesome, surely it was worth buying just for that.

RMB
Questions are a burden to others, Answers a prison for oneself.

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #61 on: May 10, 2010, 07:11 PM »
if i had the cash i would have had it so be please with it , wish i still had my nos hollywood as god know what that would be worth now  :(
no1stuntmaster on instagram

mark 2

« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2010, 07:19 PM »
I'm glad your enjoying the bike and this has not tainted the pleasure you get from it.  You've got your £1200's worth regardless of the cranks authenticity.   :daumenhoch:

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2010, 07:43 PM »
Yep 1200 dabs for that is a bargain.
The cranks in question were made a good few years ago, before JDB got hold of the HUTCH name, and he will I am sure make some aerospeeds at some point.

And the question came up at the time, someone at some point will buy them without knowing. Shame they were not marked accordingly.

There are differences that can be seen and the misaligned crank arms are an easy one to spot once you know. but unless you saw the whole episode unfold in about 2003 then you wouldnt know.

As you have said its a crackin bike and you should be pleased with it as its a cracker. 

ftmags

« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2010, 07:58 PM »
lovely bike

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2010, 08:22 PM »
While we're at it ...

Takes us back now....  ::)

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2010, 08:25 PM »
 ;D quality, I haven't seen that in years.  Sander - proper fooking head case :idiot2:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

ftmags

« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2010, 08:33 PM »
i pedalled the pink hutch around the burnerbash, and never noticed the cranks were misaligned...  still rode nice.   offers of £700 were made for the cranks so its value all day long at £1200...     

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2010, 08:40 PM »
i raced a whole year on a set of Cook Bros cranks before i noticed that the spindle was twisted. AND they were odd lengths,didn't do me any harm. Still achieved south central No 4.

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #69 on: May 10, 2010, 08:54 PM »
Sanderspeeds :D

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #70 on: May 10, 2010, 09:00 PM »
i pedalled the pink hutch around the burnerbash, and never noticed the cranks were misaligned...  still rode nice.   offers of £700 were made for the cranks so its value all day long at £1200...     

fooking hell!  i'd have taken them out then and there and pushed it home  ;D

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2010, 09:19 AM »
sander :LolLolLolLol: you wouldn't want to but any NOS jmc or cook bro's off him. Cause if you do, you could get some heat scarring.
ding dong

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Hutch Copy

gfxgfx
gfx gfx