gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 05:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  BADBMX NEW TRACK AND LACEY BARRELL GATE
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BADBMX NEW TRACK AND LACEY BARRELL GATE  (Read 4270 times)

thecrooch

BADBMX NEW TRACK AND LACEY BARRELL GATE
« on: May 19, 2010, 11:59 PM »
I HAVE GREAT PLEASURE IN FINALLY BEING ALLOWED TO RELEASE THE PICS OF THE TRACK. THE GATE WAS FITTED ON MONDAY AND WE TESTED IT FOR THE FIRST TIME TONIGHT. IT DOES DROP SLOW (IN THAT EVERYONE WENT OVER ON THE FIRST GO!!) BUT YOU'LL ALL GET USED TO IT PRETTY QUICK.  TOP COAT VIRTUALLY ALL FIRM AND TONY AND HARRISON WILL BE WORKING FLAT OUT TOMORROW TO GET IT READY FOR THE FIRST OF DAGGERS SUMMER SERIES RACES TOMORROW NIGHT BEFORE THE INTER REGIONAL ON SUNDAY.  ANYONE WHO WANT TO GET A BIT OF EARLY PRACTICE IN REGISTRATION IS RUNNING FROM 5.30 TO 6.30PM WITH RACING STARTING AT 7PM. FULL DETAILS ON BADBMX.CO.UK

HOPE YOU LIKE THE PICS.

First Ever Gate

BIlly Stupple Finding out you cant go on Red....

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: BADBMX NEW TRACK AND LACEY BARRELL GATE
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 08:02 PM »
Track look great, but the pics of the gate are a bit scary, every one is on the snap and the gate hasn't moved...  ouch.

It should be interesting come raceday.
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

dan-dare

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 08:08 PM »
Lookin good! :daumenhoch:

moomin

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 11:11 PM »
The pictures really dont do the real thing justice (no offence Si)

The remaining tarmaccing has been done, surface topped up and tonight at the club race it rode hard and fast, it certainly bit Kev C and Monsieur Stupple on the arse  :LolLolLolLol:

RE the gate dropping slow, as i understand it there is a slight issue with the timing, all the team are at the track tomorrow and the gate is the #1 priority :daumenhoch:

Sundays inter regional is gonna be RAD at BAD   :smitten:

Well Done to all the Committee and helpers on making this happen, especially Sharon who has fought tirelessly for this for months, YOU ROCK HUN  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 12:27 AM »
none taken hun, just took quick pics withe me point and shoot - wanted to get em done so i could get kitted up and ride it...

personally i liked the slower gate....  but thats just me - i know the most wont. but as you say im sure itll be sorted in time.  Martin B is fitting thegate  decals tomorrow which are abso.. mint...

its all works in progress and agree props to Sharon who has worked tirelessly on getting where we are... bring on sunday.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 08:06 AM »
Looks great Si!  LOL at Billy!  what time does racing kick off on Sunday? might try and get along for an hour or so and have a butchers  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 09:26 AM »
Enjoyed riding it last night.  Should make me a better rider once I man up for the step up out of the first berm and master the third straight rhythm section.

Should see some good racing as people try to master the new track at race speed.

thecrooch

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 10:18 AM »
Yep with you on the step up in the second berm - serious nose bonking on wednesday....  Ive spent the last 3 weeks sessioning rhythm section including manualling off the table top... getting there now - Mark's training defo paying off - you should get down on saturday mike 1-3pm nice and socialbe hours....

Pickle racing starts at about 12.30pm

dialledbikes

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 01:31 PM »
Yep, I will be joining BAD soon and doing the training sessions as often as possible.  Can't do this weekend though cos I need to do some family stuff on Saturday after being away last weekend, racing on Sunday, then away next weekend for the 4X.

Had a couple of goes at the step up last night and rimmed it both times, but the front wheel was well over and it was way quicker (and probably less sketchy) than trying to ride or manual it.  J Harvey seems to be clearing the best out of our class.  Billy and Kev Riv also jumped it.  Kev Carnage had a go in one of his motos and came off, but was fine/uninjured.

You guys who ride the track on Saturday will definitely have the advantage on Sunday.

thecrooch

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2010, 04:24 PM »
thats the idea and why im putting the hours in....

thecrooch

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2010, 07:30 PM »
New gate Banner fitted by Martin B today - Superb....

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2010, 08:45 PM »
Cool :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

motomagII

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2010, 09:12 PM »
wouyld love a run round thewre one day looks good .not sure on the gate should it be slower or does it just need setting up ?

thecrooch

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2010, 09:14 PM »
doesnt need to be slower?? quicker if anything... its just lighter than the older gate so doesnt drop as quick... you soon get used to it...

motomagII

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 04:10 PM »
no i was saying should it be as slow as it is ???????is there a certain speed they should drop and is it going at that speed .you can see lot people hitting it like stupps did i they drop slower than any onther gate

KGB Matt

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 10:13 PM »
There is no issue with the speed of the gate the bone of contention is that the gate does not drop till the green light comes on ..... having spoken to several people the consensus is that the green light means go so it will be fine.

At the end of the day if all tracks had a gate thet dropped on the first orange what would be the point on having a random gate.

It is what it is  and i fecking love it.

Matt

motomagII

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 06:41 AM »
cool it does look dort of special and very very nice compared to normal gate .hopefully us northern guys will pay a visit one day and give it a try as the track looks mint

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 08:17 AM »
Good luck for today guys....hope the new track doesn't bite too many people  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 08:54 AM »
At the end of the day if all tracks had a gate thet dropped on the first orange what would be the point on having a random gate.

It is what it is  and i fecking love it.

Matt

Well said Matt.  I agree 100%.

thecrooch

« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 09:35 AM »
Good luck for today guys....hope the new track doesn't bite too many people  :daumenhoch:

It rode really well - and for a regional with 350 riders saw very few accidents....

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 08:40 AM »
Totally agree with Matt on this one.  There is gate practice before racing starts.  Practice being the keyword here.  That's the opportunity to get used to the gate being used and its release mechanism.  If you just rock up and don't do gates then you're going to effectively do your practice in the first moto.  It's the same as getting used to a track and its peculiarities during practice surely.  If every track was the same and every gate identical then how boring would that be??!!  Well done to all at BADBMX who've worked hard behind the scenes to make the changes that, if the council had listened to others at the outset, would not have resulted in the pig-ear they built first time round, but that's history now and the Club can look forward to a bright future.  Humps

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  BADBMX NEW TRACK AND LACEY BARRELL GATE

gfxgfx
gfx gfx