gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 03:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Dying new gen Tuff 2's
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Dying new gen Tuff 2's  (Read 1041 times)

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Dying new gen Tuff 2's
« on: May 04, 2010, 09:02 PM »
Hi guy's, as i'm having no luck acquiring a pair of lavender Tuff 2's i was wondering has anybody dyed some new generation Tuff 2's(sealed hub's)??
As i have a white pair, i was thinking about giving it a go. :-\ As i'm new to the old school freestyle resto project's, i'd really appreciate your help chap's.....cheer's. ;)

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Dying new gen Tuff 2's
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 09:05 PM »
They should go Lavender, but it could be expensive if it does not work out  :-\

Have you contacted Colored Tuffs & asked them  ???

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 09:29 PM »
Cheer's for the quick response mate, i emailed colored tuff's about 5 week's ago asking if they were still selling lavender tuff's(not about dying them). They never got back to me :Aresehole: I tend not to want to part with the old coloured folding stuff with businesses like that >:(

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 12:36 PM »
Cheer's for the quick response mate, i emailed colored tuff's about 5 week's ago asking if they were still selling lavender tuff's(not about dying them). They never got back to me :Aresehole: I tend not to want to part with the old coloured folding stuff with businesses like that >:(

Ed is always a bit slow to respond as he's still very much a one man band and almost always 100% flat out , bit harsh with your comment though.

No reason why a pair of white ones would not dye to lavender, use Rit Dye, plenty of salt and some heat and you'll be well away.  If they turn out a yucky colour you can always dye them blue or black  ;).

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 03:21 PM »

Ed is always a bit slow to respond as he's still very much a one man band and almost always 100% flat out , bit harsh with your comment though.

No reason why a pair of white ones would not dye to lavender, use Rit Dye, plenty of salt and some heat and you'll be well away.  If they turn out a yucky colour you can always dye them blue or black  ;).

No I agree with oldskoolbuz marty, if ed is to busy to answer an email, then he should employ someone to do it for him, I'm sure he would sell a lot more stuff which would pay the wages easy  :daumenhoch:

Offline Chromo Buzz

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2010, 03:38 PM »
Maybe i was  a tad harsh with my comment(just venting off a little), though @the end of the day he is running a business to make money surely ???. Anyway, a big thanks to you MartyC & 'wish i'd kept my TA' for the kind advice.

I shall give it a go with the rit dye soon & let you know what the final result turns out like :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Dying new gen Tuff 2's

gfxgfx
gfx gfx