gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 05:39 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  My Old School Bmx pics 1982 - 84 ish (more added 30.04.10)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My Old School Bmx pics 1982 - 84 ish (more added 30.04.10)  (Read 9031 times)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: My Old School Bmx pics 1982 - 84 ish (more added 30.04.10)
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2010, 02:24 PM »
I've tried the roll call for pics but only a couple have turned up - I guess cameras were not really that well used when we were on our bikes LOL!

A few of the old names have turned up now and then.  Paul Salter still has ALL his bikes from bitd and some ones he picked up since, I tried to get him to sell his Skyway or HLT a few years ago but he was having none of it LOL!  He's still into motocross these days but does not ride bmx bikes at all from what I can gather.

Have you ever seen Boyd Walker about at all?  Not seen him since I was about 19 or 20  ::).

Better to crash and burn than fade away

spooky69

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2010, 05:43 PM »
Well,. the people I am still in contact with or have seen since then..   

Paul Salter..I have ridden with him on MTB's a few times since then but haven't spoke for a couple of years,

Tony Nicholson..   bumped into him in Tesco's a while back..he hasn't ridden since...i did try to persuade him to start up again...his wife didn't look too pleased..haha

Clyde and Buzz Lane...    they both still ride...Clyde is more into MTB's although he did have a Haro cruiser a while back, used to ride with him a fair bit but he moved out the area so I only see him now and again

Buzz (justin) his younger brother...I still ride with him, we're good mates , like me he rides bmx and MTB's...he used to do a lot of Downhill mtb, rides a Federal bmx and did start racing a Haro 20" last year, did well in his first meeting then at Dagenham broke his shoulder, just got back on the bmx last week when we went to the track to mess about!

Do you remember the guy that lived right next to the Bosie ramps...Chris Fitzgerald....we used to take the run up for the 1/4 pipe right outside his front door..lol....I hadn't seen him since about 85/6 then bumped into him at Hayes Bmx track last year when I went down to watch Buzz race ...he hasn't ridden since but again I did try some persuasion :)

David Landy...spoke with him last week on another bmx site..doesn't ride any more, he used to ride a red Kuwahara with yellow tuffs!
Boyd Walker..now there's a blast from the past...unfortunately I haven't seen or heard of him since those days.

John Povah...well you probably know about him:)
Pretty much everyone else I haven't seen or heard of, I made contact with a couple of the guy's that lived in Bosie a few years back on Facebook, none of them carried on riding though!

Any plans to put some recent pics of you on the bmx up......I'll stick some of me up the next time I do anything worthy..:)   or find the batch that were taken last year :(
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 06:02 PM by spooky69 »

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2010, 12:24 PM »
Dave Landy and Paul Cannon have joined here but not become regular posters, Lee Shurey is a member though (it was his qtr pipe originally at Bosie) and is a regular poster here.  I remember Chris, have not seen him since I bumped into him in West Drayton in about 96!

Here's a couple of pics of me from about 2008...

You'll recognise this place...

spooky69

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2010, 07:44 PM »
Yeah that's right the original 1/4 pipe was donated by Lee Shurey, then mutated into the wider, taller version that I'm airing out of in the pic I posted, I have seen a few of his post's on here ,

Cool set of pics Marty, I need to get down to Harrow again soon when it's quiet there and get some practice in, I have been there a couple of times over the years without my bike but I last rode there in about 1985 i think, I keep seeing the near misses with the council trying to shut it down, signed the petitions etc over the years , better get there quick, just incase the inevitable happens >:(
I'll try and post some recent pics of me soon !

Lee Shurey

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2010, 09:23 AM »
Hi mate long tome no see, yep good old times down at Bosie my 1/4 pipe did take a pounding  :daumenhoch:
would be good to have a trip down to Harrow soon I only get down there a couple of times a year for a wobble

spooky69

« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2010, 10:46 AM »
Nice one out of the Bollocks  Lee, ...do they still call it that down at Harrow???  haha

Yeah would be real good to get down there again , let me know if you decide to go and I'll do the same and PM you....I'm feeling the urge now I have seen these pics from you and Marty :daumenhoch:

spooky69

« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2010, 11:25 PM »
Just found these from 2008,  1st time out proper for 23 years :idiot2:

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 11:28 PM by spooky69 »

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2010, 02:23 PM »
Nice pics, getting some good air there  :daumenhoch:

Where's that then?

spooky69

« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2010, 09:35 PM »
These were taken in Iver, it's a small bmx track that the council put in the local park, initially it was ok, a couple of the jumps were pretty decent as you can see, but as with a lot of things the council do there's no maintenance schedule involved and it's now run down , the jumps are a lot lower due to erosion and this weekend it looked in a pretty sad state really!!!
A few people got involved last year to try and give it an overhaul......quite willing to dig it by hand, but you know how the council works over here...once they got involved again everything came to a standstill    >:(

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2010, 12:39 PM »
These were taken in Iver, it's a small bmx track that the council put in the local park, initially it was ok, a couple of the jumps were pretty decent as you can see, but as with a lot of things the council do there's no maintenance schedule involved and it's now run down , the jumps are a lot lower due to erosion and this weekend it looked in a pretty sad state really!!!
A few people got involved last year to try and give it an overhaul......quite willing to dig it by hand, but you know how the council works over here...once they got involved again everything came to a standstill    >:(

LOL!  it's round the corner from where I used to live!  Scott Dick built that originally (of Hillingdon Hawks fame), you get a few chavs hanging out over there too but it's an ok little jump  :daumenhoch:

spooky69

« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2010, 04:43 PM »
Haha..small world, yeah it was ok.....better than nothing at all, my mate used to live right next door to it and got the ball rolling with the council again last year but it's just a case of wait and see now!! :-\

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  My Old School Bmx pics 1982 - 84 ish (more added 30.04.10)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx