gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 04:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New Pump Tracks
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: New Pump Tracks  (Read 1497 times)

scott250

New Pump Tracks
« on: April 27, 2010, 09:34 PM »
Darlo has got another new track, so I heard today.  Two lads are going all over the UK building them for all the councils, I'm poping through Darlo this week so I'll have a look and get some pics + have a ride on it.

gm28

Re: New Pump Tracks
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 10:03 PM »
I'm in Darlo, where abouts is the track ??

scott250

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 10:10 PM »
Not sure, but I got told its somewhere up North road area.  When I know I'll post how to get to it.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 09:23 AM »
lookin forward to the pics  :daumenhoch:

gm28

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 08:49 PM »

Had a bit of a nosey about today, track is being built now by Groundworks, due to be complete mid to end of May. They E-mailed me this sketch of the track.

It's being built in North Park, will have a ride over at the weekend and take some pics ....

scott250

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 09:54 PM »
Looks OK that.  Me mate was over this evening - said its looking good, they hope to have it finished for this friday. 

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 08:48 AM »
 :) Dirtworks are building another in Hinckley...

http://www.dirtworksbmx.com/Contact.html

mightymini

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 04:13 PM »
looks fun simliar to the scarborough track, gona have a look up on saturday.

scott250

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 10:53 PM »

had a little play on it today, we had to wait till they finished it.  It really reminds me of riding our old local BMX track, but the jumps are fairly close, so you have to ride it like trails, the return section is a workout, haha, the stepdown to stepup to hump is fun.  Worth a play if you live near by.  Jumping the berm is fun too.

mightymini

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 06:22 PM »
had a ride today, sweet pump track everyones loving it. even the dog walkers were amazed to see all the kids enjoying them selves. will put some vids on later. ;)

scott250

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 06:45 PM »
had a ride today, sweet pump track everyones loving it. even the dog walkers were amazed to see all the kids enjoying them selves. will put some vids on later. ;)

Nice one, I'll be back to ride it again too.  Going thru it backwards is fun too- a bit harder.  The kids who turned up when we were over were OK - must be the posh side of Darlo, haha :P

mightymini

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 10:26 PM »

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 10:37 PM »
good old darlo council

more money wasted,,was on it today and well after 5 mins i fooked off to the old bmx track and had a reet laff

mightymini

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 11:15 PM »
good old darlo council

more money wasted,,was on it today and well after 5 mins i fooked off to the old bmx track and had a reet laff

these things are mint russ, yeh i  know there not big time but they r still fun and flows well. every town should have one they are getting kids on there bikes. 

mightymini

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 11:44 PM »
will giv ya a call next time we come up russ. we were gona go to the other track but not sure were it is.

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 12:05 AM »
aye gi me a ring and we can have a sesh up there and can go up 4x track if the raggers will let us on

r :-*

scott250

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 01:12 AM »
good old darlo council

As in the old, old BMX track or the new bigger one?  I don't think its all that bad, the berms are well good + its got alot of flow + can be ridden a number of ways.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 01:18 AM by scott250 »

mightymini

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 09:40 AM »
aye gi me a ring and we can have a sesh up there and can go up 4x track if the raggers will let us on

r :-*
sweet were at croft next weekend so will be weekend after. ;)

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 10:00 AM »
the old old 1 scott still there and ok for a lark about

goin up pump track later for another go,.,,probs just me being a crapp rider???

russ

scott250

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 12:42 PM »
I used to like the old track in Darlo, I have not been over for ages though- I kind of half expected it to be long gone or well over grown by now.  I think Parksi and a few other went down with a spade in the late 90s to rebuild it back to its former glory - they had it back riding OK too.  I might have a look over some time.

scott250

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 12:44 PM »
I had a pop over the berm when they were wacking the last part of the track down.

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2010, 03:05 PM »
was up last night and can confirm its still crap,,,,,plus the raggers have started to wreck it,,,chuckin all the soil and grass all over

r

scott250

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2010, 07:39 PM »
was up last night and can confirm its still crap,,,,,plus the raggers have started to wreck it,,,chuckin all the soil and grass all over

r

and here was me thinking it was the posh end of Darlo, haha.  Yer, its probly gonna get some grief from chavs for a while till they get used to seeing it and move on to something else to wreck ::)  .  I'm in Darlo again this wed, I'll bring my brush and a spade to clean up the mess before I have a play.  Might have a look over the old track too.  I was riding the westpark one one time and this bloke who was about my age was sat drinking a bottle of wiskey or something.  He asked me out of the blue for a go one my bike.  I just smiled a little and said "No F****g chance" - though I was going to have to fight my way out, haha.  He then smashed the bottle on the rock he was sat on a did one, haha.  Daft oldschool drunk bule, I felt like smashing my bike over his head, haha.  When that track was first built they all used to go up and chuck stones at any rider they seen riding.  I think one of my mates hammered a couple of them and they seemed to stop coming up, haha.  Same with the skatepark, I've seen a few fights down + heard a few stories of chavs headbutting riders + gangs smashing riders cars up etc.  You've got to love Darlo, its great.  The most grief I've had down that way was with a gand of teenage girls who tried to knock me off my bike while I was riding the spine, haha, what can you do? its not like you can fight some teen girls, haha.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  New Pump Tracks

gfxgfx
gfx gfx