gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 07:15 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  twin top tube 24"
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: twin top tube 24"  (Read 3961 times)

ds-1

twin top tube 24"
« on: April 23, 2010, 06:53 AM »
looking for suggestions,opinions and everyone's general input on my frame.

started work on this in jan and completed it in late feb. gathered the parts and built it and here is the result. i had a topic about the bike over on bmxmuseum.com and people expressed their opinions on it. also want everyone from here to do the same.the more feedback and suggestions the better

at the moment am working with a manufacturer here in usa to do a batch of 50.

my current frame has a 21.5" tt
mid bb shell
14mm dropouts
campy spec headtube
25.4" seat tube

quick head tube angle and shorter than normal rear

i'll leave it at that for now

thanks in advance for your input  :)

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: twin top tube 24"
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 07:08 AM »
My opinion is ...... fooking lovely frame, can I have one in a race version?

Honestly I really, really like it.  Great work.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 07:12 AM »
i agree, looks like you've done an amazing job!  love the raw finish as well  :smitten:   :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 07:17 AM »
Stunning  :4_17_5:

What does the frame weigh?

I would buy one depending the weight and price, its really , really nice
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

ds-1

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 07:22 AM »
thank you for the kind comments guys :)

for the race frames i will go with v-brake mounts and likely a 12"bb height, 10mm dropouts and maybe a built in seat clamp. my frame was supposed to have one built in but at the last second i changed my mind .

the only other thing not done to my frame pictured is having the head tube tapped for a gyro. i will make sure to do that on the street frames when they are being built.

i will post more pictures later on in the morning.it's about 2:30 am here

raw is probably the only color i'll offer too keep costs down but you never know.

any suggestions on what color you would like besides raw? and before you say it.. i can't afford chrome.lol!

thanks again for your input.will be back in a few hours with more pictures.

goodnight  :)

ds-1

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 07:30 AM »
Stunning  :4_17_5:

What does the frame weigh?

I would buy one depending the weight and price, its really , really nice

thank you :)

mine is around 6 pounds but production frames will be a lot lighter. i doubt i will use butted tubing on the first batch but things are still being worked out with the manufacturer.

i wish i could keep the costs down so everyone doesn't have to save to buy one buy it will be tough in the begining. it could be anywhere from $350-$450 usd.

i was quoted $300 per frame if i ordered a batch of say 15. the $300 usd does not include shipping to me or paint.

in the process of buying product liability insurance and a few other things.

i just started my website tonight and i know nothing about html. will work on it over the weekend. i am trying to not use their free site builder tools and their generic templates but i may have to for the time being.

so far this is all i have

http://coyotebicycles.com/Home.html

« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 07:32 AM by ds-1 »

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 07:58 AM »
coyotebicycles?  you do know there's already a Coyote bike company yeah?   ???

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 08:08 AM »
nice work mate,

as pickle says there is a bike co named Coyote MTB Company - so just be careful  :daumenhoch:

MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

ds-1

« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 03:34 PM »
thank you for letting me know that regarding the bike company

i had looked into the name first to see if there were any tademarks to it or anything else and i didn't come up with anything.but i could be wrong?i could easily change the name though. have plenty of time to do it :)

it was hard coming up with a name for a company but somehow i ended up with coyote.

at the moment this is all i have.need to get more pictures

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 04:11 PM »
wow that's a great looking frame - the low, sleek layout makes it look like a 26" jump bike proportion wise.
DTT is going to have falling over themselves to do Haro Master repops.
I likey.

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 04:15 PM »
Oh my god, that is fookin' lush :smitten:

I want one........
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 07:50 PM by Spen69 »
Still limping......

ds-1

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2010, 04:30 PM »
wow that's a great looking frame - the low, sleek layout makes it look like a 26" jump bike proportion wise.
DTT is going to have falling over themselves to do Haro Master repops.
I likey.

thank you for your comments :)

i'm glad you brought that up. i completely forgot

i'm working on a 26" bmx cruiser frame right now as well as a 26" street mtb frame.

the 26" bmx frame should be done within the next few weeks (hopefully)

thanks again  :)

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2010, 06:12 PM »
nice one,looks good. Proves what can be done,started in jan,only four months...... shame on JDB(Sorry,i know this is new school,just trying to make a point that ds-1 has done a good job where as JDB appears that he can't be arsed)   :daumenhoch:

ds-1

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 07:30 PM »
nice one,looks good. Proves what can be done,started in jan,only four months...... shame on JDB(Sorry,i know this is new school,just trying to make a point that ds-1 has done a good job where as JDB appears that he can't be arsed)   :daumenhoch:

thank you for the compliments :)

normally i'm super stressed about everything .with this project i just decided to have some fun and leave all the worrying behind and it worked out very well. in a short amount of time i had a frame that was exactly what i wanted and knew that if i were to make a small batch then i need to leave it to the professionals.

my goal is to make a few of these available to those who will enjoy it as much as i do. i don't want to get in over my head with things so they will just be built in small numbers with slight differences like built in seat clamps,tapped head tube for gyro mounts,mid or euro bb shell,etc..

i have a few more "traditional"  or non twin top tube type designs i'm working on that should be ready by summer.

thanks again :)

here is a mock up of the frame before it was finished

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2010, 08:10 PM »
There (or was) definately a Coyote MTB company as I have one of their downhill bikes a DH3.

ds-1

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2010, 09:52 PM »
Stidds

that is an awesome looking  bike   :)

i tried to do some research before i came up with the name but didn't find too much about the company still being around. i also wasn't sure if they had any relationship to the cheaper coyote bikes that winstanleys and chainreactioncycles.com and other places carry.

my heart isn't set on the name so if i have to change it then it's no problem :)

i also couldn't find any trademarks on the name either for coyote bicycles in both the usa and uk.but i will have an expert look into it when the time comes.i don't want to get into any trouble.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2010, 10:15 PM »
am i the only one who thinks it looks like a modern DP freestyler? fooking cool as  :daumenhoch:

you may not have a problem with the name, other than people thinking your quality frame is somehow related to the cheap brand over here? 

ds-1

« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2010, 07:23 AM »
am i the only one who thinks it looks like a modern DP freestyler? fooking cool as  :daumenhoch:

you may not have a problem with the name, other than people thinking your quality frame is somehow related to the cheap brand over here? 

thank you :)

that's true. i guess my frame might help their sales a little bit j/k ;)  or ruin mine :(

i should paint one yellow  8)

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=106784.msg1054490;topicseen

ds-1

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2010, 07:12 PM »
Lovely looking frame that  :4_17_5:

Bru  :daumenhoch:

Thank you  :)  :)

That was the first prototype i had made.It is my favorite one out of them all  8) 8)

this is a horrible picture that doesn't do the colors justice but...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Park, Street & Dirt  |  twin top tube 24"

gfxgfx
gfx gfx