gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 11:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Leisure lakes bikes strike again.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Leisure lakes bikes strike again.  (Read 1096 times)

Paulos

Leisure lakes bikes strike again.
« on: April 16, 2010, 07:15 PM »
I have been messed around by this shop too many times now.

This is the fifth (maybe sixth) time that they have promised to get a part in, or do some work on a bike and then they have failed to deliver on thier promises. My bike was meantt to have a new low stack headset fitted on wednesday. I went in on Thursday and after waiting in the shop for 15 mins I was told it was not done and was not likely to be done til Thursday next week. This is because some idiot did not order the part until the wednesday the work was due to be carried out.

I could go on with a list of their various cock ups. Basically their customer service is highly variable. Some staff are really helpful but many are useless. As one member of staff said to me a while ago, "I don't know why you shop here mate."

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Leisure lakes bikes strike again.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 07:27 PM »
you should have really learned by the second c0ck that they were shite, i give 2 chances then take my money elsewhere... :daumenhoch:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

sweetbeats

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 07:34 PM »
Keep using them they can only get better my friend  :coolsmiley:

scary_leary

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 08:42 PM »
Got some real bargins from them in the mid 90's..
The one at martin mere always had great 2nd hand bargins out front.  :daumenhoch:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 09:10 PM »
The one at martin mere always had great 2nd hand bargins out front.  :daumenhoch:

I brought my first full sus from them in either 96 or 98 I'm not sure, but I know it cost £699 & I gave them 11 post dated cheques  8)

BTW the Specialized FSR is pretty $hit by todays standards, but was the Bollox back then  ;D

Most big bike shops have some good & some w@nkers working there  :(

Paulos

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 09:54 PM »

I brought my first full sus from them in either 96 or 98 I'm not sure, but I know it cost £699 & I gave them 11 post dated cheques  8)

BTW the Specialized FSR is pretty $hit by todays standards, but was the Bollox back then  ;D

Most big bike shops have some good & some w@nkers working there  :(

I got my SX trail full sus there a couple of years ago. I uses the FSR system and it is awesome. However the new treks are pretty special also.

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 10:37 PM »
 ;) Back to the subject in hand please!

LeisureLakes in Bury are shite,as bad as Crapstanleys.No stock,shite mechanics,shite prices,shite service.They should stick to shafting the fans of big wheeled bouncy bikes and stay the hell away from BMX.

lodge

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 11:18 PM »
I bought a custom mtb off them a few years ago, I broke the frame the first day I had it by doing a 360, dabbed the brake and it ripped the caliper mounts off the frame and crumpled the disc, I was worried as I wasnt sure I would get warranty as it was obvious the bike had been forced rearward with the brake applied but of course I played dumb, they were great picked the bike up fitted new frame wheel disc caliper etc no questions asked jusst said it waas the first time it had happened  hehe.

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 03:49 PM »
never had no trouble with them myself :-\

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Leisure lakes bikes strike again.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx