gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 11:38 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Close, but no DP banana.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Close, but no DP banana.  (Read 571 times)

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
Close, but no DP banana.
« on: April 15, 2010, 04:59 PM »
I managed to track down my mate I used to ride with BITD to see if he still had his DP.

( I had a pink GL and his was green with ladder bars and great parts... )

He was pretty shocked to be talking to me after 25 years and we had a great chat on the old days which he thought a bit weird as he had only been taking about our 'Fresh Freestyle Crew' at the weekend. He found the idea of the RAD forum and grown men on kids bikes very amusing  ;D

I got round to popping the question on his ride and he said he had kept it at his Mum & Dads and meant to go and pick it up a couple of years back when they moved house. It had been put down the side of the house for him to get but when he eventually got round its was...gone  :'(

ARSE... would have loved to have prized it out of his hands  >:D

On the plus side though he was sure he still had a pile of pics of us from the demos we did and the trips to Wicksteed Park which I'm hoping to see as all mine were lost in the winds of time... he even said he might have some video... how excited was I  :D :D :D :smitten:

He also said he had bumped into another guy from the team... and said he would give him a shout to see if he had anything left fromt he old days. He had a Ltd Ed GL so the old heart got pumping again!!!  :angel:

I reminded him of when we called in to see my grandad on the way back from Wicksteed and my grandad called him a "freckle faced little bastard"....  :LolLolLolLol:... old people... you have to love them.

So pics will be up here soon as I can get em  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 05:05 PM by ED209 »
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

magna13

Re: Close, but no DP banana.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 05:10 PM »
looking forward to them pics :daumenhoch:

madferret

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 06:32 PM »
sad story i know how you feel ,a simaler thing happend to me i tracked down after about six monthes an old friend i sold a dp to when i was younger in the 80s had a good chat asked him about the bike ,he said yes he still had it and if i would like it yep i got all excited i just had to go around to his mums and pick it up ,yes i thought ,so went around expecting to leave with thr dp knocked on the door his mum answerd i told her the story and id come round to pick up bike ooo she said the council have been around and cleared the shed out its all gone to the skip about a month ago and yes the bike had gone too  :'( i was devastated but thats life  :)

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 07:00 PM »
well your story is worse than mine... how gutting... I'm just amped on getting some old pic as I only have 1 of my dp and one newspaper cutting of me riding it... and video! if that exists I might just wet myself  :daumenhoch:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Close, but no DP banana.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx