gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 05:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ebay description NOS Vs Used
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Ebay description NOS Vs Used  (Read 471 times)

Daletsunami

Ebay description NOS Vs Used
« on: April 13, 2010, 03:18 PM »
This might have been posted up before but how do I know if an item is NOS or used?

I've bought something off ebay, a wheel, that was described as NOS and when it has came it looks like it has had some treatment to the sidewalls maybe some wet and dry and there are lots of scratches etc where it's maybe been knocked.

It looks original but I don't think it's NOS and although I would have still liked the Wheel I am a little confused at what to do now as i'm a little unhappy about the condition but I want the wheel, i'm just going to have to give it a little treatment  :-\

Can I do anything or will it be an opinion based argument that I won't win?

ozone

Re: Ebay description NOS Vs Used
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 03:28 PM »
This might have been posted up before but how do I know if an item is NOS or used?

I've bought something off ebay, a wheel, that was described as NOS and when it has came it looks like it has had some treatment to the sidewalls maybe some wet and dry and there are lots of scratches etc where it's maybe been knocked.

It looks original but I don't think it's NOS and although I would have still liked the Wheel I am a little confused at what to do now as i'm a little unhappy about the condition but I want the wheel, i'm just going to have to give it a little treatment  :-\

Can I do anything or will it be an opinion based argument that I won't win?

NOS can have shelfware but this should be disclosed, really.  If there's any evidence of brake rub, then you definitely have a case. 

monkian

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 03:45 PM »
I've had a similar problem with some rims.
Was told there was only a mark on the front, turned out to be a couple of dents and one in the rear.
Told the seller I was disappointed with the condition but happy to keep them (without sounding aggro).
He offered a full refund but that's a waste of time because I'd have been out of pocket on the post.
I suggested a partial refund. We agreed on 50%.

Be upfront with the guy, he might be cool about it. Especially if you have to leave feedback :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:17 PM by monkian »

dannywhiteley

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 03:56 PM »
As a buyer you have the upper hand when it comes to feedback.  Make sure he knows this without sounding aggresive.  Tell him you are 'disappointed' rather than pissed off and you will get a better response.

ozone

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 09:42 PM »
As a buyer you have the upper hand when it comes to feedback.  Make sure he knows this without sounding aggresive.  Tell him you are 'disappointed' rather than pissed off and you will get a better response.

Just added you to my 'blocked bidders list' on eBay.   :LolLolLolLol:

dannywhiteley

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 09:48 PM »
I signed up to eBay in September 1999, I know all the tricks...lol

I am old school :D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Ebay description NOS Vs Used

gfxgfx
gfx gfx