gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 10:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  tech id ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: tech id ?  (Read 1618 times)

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
tech id ?
« on: April 13, 2010, 10:36 AM »
probably answered this techy question but what number  are these   4?  bit unsure,,,         if you dont ask you dont find out   :LolLolLolLol:

davevilla

Re: tech id ?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 11:15 AM »
Tech Vs by the look of them mate - Tech IVs are little shorter...

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 11:25 AM »
cheers,,,    still not sure i thought tech V's were a lot longer with cast hangers (bit that goes round the bar)    :-\        cant get on museum at the mo to try to find em cos  they'll probably be some on there,,, fekin computers  :tickedoff:     :LolLolLolLol: 

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 11:47 AM »
 nice one pickle  ,thought the v's were like that,   the search is on   :LolLolLolLol: seem to think 4's had mx stamped on the lever too  ?   

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 11:51 AM »
yes i seem to remember 4's having MX stamped as well  ???

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 12:23 PM »

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2010, 12:45 PM »
Marty's right, MX 122
Think they are newly made products, you can spot them on the new retro Kuwas that were introduced in the Taipei bycycle show recently
http://kuwahara-bike.com/oversea2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=74

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2010, 01:01 PM »
Marty's right, MX 122
Think they are newly made products, you can spot them on the new retro Kuwas that were introduced in the Taipei bycycle show recently
http://kuwahara-bike.com/oversea2010/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55&Itemid=74

They have been made since the mid to late 80's and have been more used on track bikes as they are NJS approved.  Someone posted up a DC Catalogue from about 86 that I'm pretty sure had them in but I can't find it at the moment!

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 01:20 PM »
Only discovered them recently, and don't remember them from BITD...  :-[

Here's the 86 catalog (must be somewhere in the tech/resto stickies though), didn't spot them MX122

http://www.velo-pages.com/main.php?g2_itemId=1284

davevilla

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 03:17 PM »
Only discovered them recently, and don't remember them from BITD...  :-[

Here's the 86 catalog (must be somewhere in the tech/resto stickies though), didn't spot them MX122

http://www.velo-pages.com/main.php?g2_itemId=1284

I've never come across them either hence assuming them to be Tech Vs...you learn something new every day (and so on)

:)

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 09:52 PM »
 :4_17_5: top stuff fella's  love getting to the bottom of  something, i remembered what i thought were odyssey levers in a draw in the outhouse along with with a load of what is  junk ,you know old steel hubs worn out welgo pedals busted headsets  etc etc,,,,    spotted these right at the back     as chevron says i dont remember em bitd  , i know that its a least fifteen years since i went to the back of that draw probably a bit longer what with moveing round and living through the dark years you know skateing, kids, the ex missus   :LolLolLolLol:     still i found the odyssey lever   only half a one  though   :LolLolLolLol:  along with some other junk   :-X  can't see if there's a way to date the 122's so i'll move them to the    ?   box in the house,,,,    so all in all a bit of a result  cheers once again chaps    picture of lever type junk below   and if i remember which draw the gen 1 master is in i'll let you know   :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  tech id ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx