gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 07:53 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Sheffield Boatworld Jam and Rotherham/Wath Chris Hardy jam
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Sheffield Boatworld Jam and Rotherham/Wath Chris Hardy jam  (Read 3261 times)

Waddy

I think this was about 89 but Im not sure.

I seem to remember that about this time "street jams" as such were just making an appearance and no-one really seemed to know what type of street stuff to build (although obviously, there was a knackered car!!!).

I remember seeing Sean Allison doing a "new deal" on the sub box at the wath jam though!!!!!

Other notable faces in these include: Ellis, Dave slade, deano (skater) and Will Smyth.

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
Re: Sheffield Boatworld Jam and Rotherham/Wath Chris Hardy jam
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 12:19 AM »
I was at both, you've got to post more pics as they were two amazing days. As usual, it turns out I was wearing my cloak of invisibility at the time so naturally there's no sign of me in the background anywhere. COULD be me below Andy's left foot, in a blue hoody. Not sure.
Boatworld was the same day as the Hillsborough disaster, my mum knew I was round that area and was a bit anxious when I got home. Had to watch the news that night to see what had gone on.
The orange GT was Jason Ellis' ride, I think. A much harder to look at colour in the flesh, really loud orange.
Great to see Skankin' Jim again, to the right of Sean as he looks at Slade's fakie.

LENNY-LENTINI

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 09:27 AM »
Nice one Waddy

You're right, reckon it was about 89 too mate

I went to the Wath upon dern Jam with the Nottm gang, it was a good day with some good ridin'. Reckon it was the year before Chris Hardy had that jam round Sheffield when the Kelvin Banks were still there in that Basketball court.

Chris "Shubba Shubba" Radcliffe might have been with us to?

sid1972

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 09:43 AM »
 :smitten: cracking pics...

mr p.k.

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 07:35 PM »
Sweet pic's ;) love the one of the chap doing a cowboy on the cortina bonnet :daumenhoch:

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 08:47 PM »
nice one  round egg ramps got about a bit dint they  :LolLolLolLol: 

fraz167

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 11:49 AM »
Great pics...i remember that from Action Bike/RAD.

Ellis looked like he was ripping.

Cheers
Fraser

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 10:48 PM »
By this time Ell was rockin, doesn't get the credit he deserves in my opinion, great vert rider!

I'm loving Dino's mullet, I'll have to nick the pic and email it to him, hahaha!  :LolLolLolLol:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2010, 08:09 AM »
great piccs!   :daumenhoch:   

teamsano

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 10:31 PM »
fab pics neil!

sallison

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 10:39 PM »
omg !!! am blown away by these pics neil  :smitten: you been riding much this year bud ? n daz please send me dinos contact details .. been far too long m8 .

nosepickben

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 04:29 PM »
Jeez, i was in the (small) crowd at the boatworld jam, in hillsborough park. First time i'd seen "street" riding on bikes. Nice to see a slimline "boatworld chris" looking miserable on the vert deck, he did a lot for skating and bmx at that time. I bumped into him 2-3 years ago at a toddler group (steady on... we were both with our own kids) & had a good natter. His face hasn't changed  ;D   Top man.  Good photos dude. Wonder what happened to that cortina? was that the same one that charnley owned??

elevensies

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 10:34 PM »
Round ocean, now theres a blast from my donny past lol

Offline oldtired

• 540 Air
  • Dirty Old Man
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 10:43 AM »
UP THE PPLA!      :daumenhoch:   ;D   

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Sheffield Boatworld Jam and Rotherham/Wath Chris Hardy jam

gfxgfx
gfx gfx