gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline Help
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Redline Help  (Read 1203 times)

retrorb

Redline Help
« on: April 03, 2006, 12:43 PM »
I am buying a Redline 102B series 3 frame and forks ­ - wondering what era these are from and estimated value in NOS condition. Canıt seem to find much info on this model on the net. Also once purchase I would like to know a list of parts required to bring it back to its original spec.

To give you some background, I am 32 ­ my mum never got me a BMX when I was younger and have never forgiven her! Had to make do with a handed down Grifter ­ not cool. So now looking to fulfil my ambition. Really want a PK Ripper looptail but looking out for a good one. Great website BTW ­ great to find stuff and hark back to the old days.

Sorry if Iım asking a lot! - any help gratefully appreciated.

toooldforthis

Re: Redline Help
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 01:05 PM »
Hiya mate

Welcome aboard.

A lot of us on here were in the same boat (not many admit to owning a grifter though).

Not sure about that bike, best bet is to look in the museum and see what other Redlines there are and what bits they got on them  :daumenhoch:

Paul

gmac

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 01:07 PM »
Have a word with Subwax, he knows his Redlines  :daumenhoch:

Offline Redline

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 06:08 PM »
Hi there. The Redline 102B has an oval with redline in the BB and is made in japan. It is also called Series III so will therefore be around a 1984/5 era. Early Redlines like the MXII were manufactured in the USA and didn't have the logo stamped on the BB. John

Offline Nosnod

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 08:38 PM »
The 102B is a Series 3 frame from 83-84. It was launched in the US in about March 83 and came to the UK very late 83.
As well as being available in frame & fork only, it also featured on 2 full bikes by Redline: the 500a and the 600a

Here's mine :daumenhoch:

retrorb

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 09:35 PM »
That is a beatuiful bike!

Would I be a pain in asking what parts are on it to give me some ideas?

Thanks for your info guys!

Rob

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 09:37 PM »
Hiya mate

Welcome aboard.

A lot of us on here were in the same boat (not many admit to owning a grifter though).

Not sure about that bike, best bet is to look in the museum and see what other Redlines there are and what bits they got on them  :daumenhoch:

Paul
i had a grifter lol

Bren Gunn

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 11:30 PM »
It's a great  frame and fork set, as a guide I'd go to about the £120 mark. It's not the most collectable MXII type Redline, you'd be looking at the late 70s' version with the Large gusset... like a mk1 Burner gusset, but it will still knock spots off a loop tail Ripper if you intend to ride it...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Redline Help

gfxgfx
gfx gfx