gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 11:34 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  80s 90s and later pictures of jon taylor
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 80s 90s and later pictures of jon taylor  (Read 2353 times)

oliew

80s 90s and later pictures of jon taylor
« on: April 03, 2010, 10:52 AM »
Hi there,
i thout i would post a quick 'help needed 'after a few people said this is the place that i would hopefully find what im after.

Im in desperate need of any jon taylor scans or photographs and videos from 80s 90s and later if possible, most of the stuff on the net and youtube is low quality as the pictures will be used in a documentary video in hd, so some half decent resolution is needed. I have a couple of ride magazines but only a few usable pictures in them.

It would be awesome if any of you know or have any pictures of jon that would finish this video off really well.

please PM me

thanks in advance.
Oli

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: 80s 90s and later pictures of jon taylor
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 10:53 AM »
howdy oli,i will see whats in my mags mate...

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 10:55 AM »
oli are you down next weekend to brighton.i can bring alot of bits to look throu..

oliew

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 11:01 AM »
Harris thanks for the reply! :)
awesome.. that would be so good if you can check ya mags mate, im not going to be near brighton next week im afraid! gutted, i was down hastings 2 weeks ago filming at seventies but its a long long way for me :) im up in staffordshire. Best pic i have so far that isnt web size! is from ride apr/may 02 no 58 and jon is on back cover.

I saw some nice KOC pics on a thread here too - one of jon there but its only small res...

thanks!
Oli

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 11:05 AM »
shame your not going like the riding style...i will sit down with a few brews later and start looking throu,i am positive i have seen a few good pics you can use
its just finding them,if you need any vids he might be in i have the full props set  bar number 2   .

dan

bof

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 11:12 AM »
I have a copy of Invert magazine with a jon taylor interview in it. He had just left GT and was riding a supergoose.  :shocked:
There is also a later ride magazine that had a big piece on jon contemplating trying to ride the manchester fullpipe , thats a good read as well.
John is a really nice guy as well .
I may have some footage of  john at darwen skatepark I will have to have a look  :daumenhoch:

oliew

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 03:30 PM »
Hi
Thanks both of you, those sound like just what i need! the bit about leaving GT is awesome too - as that has come up in the interview :)
yeh any video stuff thats decent quality would be great too!! seems to be a lack of anything good quality on the net.

many thanks
Oli

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 03:45 PM »
so far i went throu about 20 mags and found 1 goodish pic at the bath meet,he was on a gt, i think he won that comp.

oliew

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 05:31 PM »
hey,
harris
that sounds good, be nice to drop in sone GT era, then move into hoffman bikes .. vans... etc
I  found 4 ride bmx mags that looked to feature him on covers and inside  this was using 23mag  website.

93 feb mar-  Canadian nosepick on cover.
Feb march 95
Feb march 99
May 2004

Bof, yeh man hes a really nice guy, just tight schedule with all the seventies , vans uk and comps comin up. and hastings it really far to travel ! :)

how can i get the footage from you in decent quality?

thanks guys Oli

scott250

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 07:59 PM »
I used to chat and ride with Jon in the early nineties at rehab a bit, he was always dead friendly and a good rider - think I have a few snaps and some vid footage of him somewhere. Don't know if I will find them or if they will be of any use to you, but I'll see if I can for you.

oliew

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 08:41 PM »
cheers scott, appreciated mate  :daumenhoch:
Oli

thecaptain

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 10:41 AM »
have you tryed emailing seventies? hes down there more often than not, they may be able to put you in direct touch with him

oliew

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 12:05 PM »
Yeah i went down to seventies few weeks ago to film, jons really busy at the mo so its hard not to feel like a pest!
the problem is I have a deadline for the film so normally i would just wait for photos and things but im going to have to start getting things together this week.
cheers
Oli

thecaptain

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 12:19 PM »
Yeah i went down to seventies few weeks ago to film, jons really busy at the mo so its hard not to feel like a pest!
the problem is I have a deadline for the film so normally i would just wait for photos and things but im going to have to start getting things together this week.
cheers
Oli
was it you filming the a couple of the dubbmx riders?

oliew

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 04:39 PM »
not sure?, niki croft and lloyd were riding when i was there aswell as jon.
oli

thecaptain

« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 05:15 PM »
not sure?, niki croft and lloyd were riding when i was there aswell as jon.
oli
cool, I ride there a fair bit, just wondered if I knew you (im not great with names)

oliew

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 05:36 PM »
ah ok man :) yeh its a cool setup! if it was me, i was with another guy and we had cameras attached to back of jons bike :)

oliew

« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2010, 01:06 PM »
ok this is the best picture i have so far, its scanned from back cover of ride 2002 apr.may

:)
struggling now!
Oli

oliew

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 09:30 AM »
Waddy,thanks for the pic you sent me mate, lookin forward to more this weekend!

this is an important picture im trying to source bigger... just cant find it anywhere.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  80s 90s and later pictures of jon taylor

gfxgfx
gfx gfx