gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 11:48 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Kasimax Aero date
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Kasimax Aero date  (Read 4661 times)

GavinKent

Kasimax Aero date
« on: April 01, 2010, 05:40 PM »
Can anyone confirm this is an original 80s Aero and any idea of year of manafacture, please?  And does the 7382 mean 1982 or am I talking bollox!!?  :uglystupid2:

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Kasimax Aero date
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2010, 07:21 PM »
The date of manufacture is the 'dial' directly under the 'Aero' bit. The arrow in the centre points to the month and usually the year is either side of the arrow. Unfortunately I don't know Japanese, so not sure of their numbers, but I don't know if they put these methods of dating something on them in the 80's?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 07:23 PM by Moose »

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 07:30 PM »
Just done a bit more investigation and on Japanese products the month is the arrow on the outside (right) pointing to 2 so February and the year is the centre arrow pointing to 4 and so I assume February 2004??

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 07:32 PM »
I'm gonna hazard a guess at Feb 1984...  :daumenhoch:

sid1972

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 07:33 PM »
someone said in a thread on here, that the original aero ones have aero screen printed under the kashi on the side, the later ones do not have the 'aero' unless it's a sticker that has been put on later.

hope that helps.. :-\
« Last Edit: April 01, 2010, 08:34 PM by sid1972 »

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 07:59 PM »

I can't see how it'd be 1984 - how could you tell if it wasn't '94 or '04?

GavinKent

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 07:59 PM »
Thanks for comments - I've just found another site where they reckon the dial was in the 90s, so Feb 94?  gutted if that's the case as i bought thinking it was 80s  :-[

trasher

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 09:24 PM »
someone said in a thread on here, that the original aero ones have aero screen printed under the kashi on the side, the later ones do not have the 'aero' unless it's a sticker that has been put on later.

hope that helps.. :-\

:daumenhoch:

sweetbeats

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 12:00 AM »

Orwelliion....?  :)

GavinKent

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2010, 07:35 AM »
I still can't get a definitive answer from all the research - 84, 94, or 2004, though yes I do hope Orwellian!!  Would anyone be kind enough to let me know if there's has the dial and if they can conform the period of their one?   
Thanks
Gavin
 :daumenhoch:

GavinKent

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2010, 01:36 PM »
Here you go -

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2010, 05:58 PM »
i've wondered this myself.
my aero seat has the arrow pointing to the 3 and the symbol thing as the other seat is one notch above the 12 on mine.
has the black one got the pat.p mark on it too ?.
dave the bmxing gypo

GavinKent

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2010, 07:07 PM »
just checked and mine does have the pat.p mark on it as well.  i've found a site which said the 80s ones had the numbers lined up in in a row and a dot above each relevant number to indicate the month and year of manafacture - though they were talking about an MX, so not sure if different.  I can't seem to find a website for the manafacturer as I'd email them and ask - I assume they're no longer around? 

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2010, 07:35 PM »
Just had a look at mine (which is defo 1980's) and the set up is identical to the one in your picture  :daumenhoch:
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

GavinKent

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2010, 08:04 PM »
yeah?  so i may have an 80s one afterall !!   :D

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2010, 08:20 AM »
just checked and mine does have the pat.p mark on it as well.  i've found a site which said the 80s ones had the numbers lined up in in a row and a dot above each relevant number to indicate the month and year of manafacture - though they were talking about an MX, so not sure if different.  I can't seem to find a website for the manafacturer as I'd email them and ask - I assume they're no longer around? 

LOL, Kashimax are very mnuch still in business and have never stopped making the Aero seat in one guise or another hence the confusion around dates! 

Not sure if this is the official website or not, but has some good info on it...

http://www.eonet.ne.jp/~kashimax/saddle-world/

I'd also use the Google Translate option too  :-[
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 08:24 AM by MartyC »

Better to crash and burn than fade away

GavinKent

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2010, 08:50 PM »
thanks - trying to work out which bit links to an email address!  :idiot2:  once ive got that, im gonna email and ask - they must have some english speaking bods there!! 

i didnt realise they'd been making these all the time - i'd have been more careful to make sure im bidding on a proper 80s one if i'd known

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 10:12 PM »
It'd be good if we could get a definite answer on this - I've been looking at my NOS saddles (as I'm selling them) and none have them have a date. They are however mainly Viscount and not Kashimax.

GavinKent

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 03:37 PM »
I've done some more homework and a work colleague who lived in Japan has confirmed the symbols are in fact the Japanese symbols for month (outside dial) and year (inside dial), and so mine is from February 1984.  I also spoke to Rene from the Gira track bike shop in Osaka, Japan and they've also confirmed that the seat is actually 1984 and that the authentic black plastic versions haven't been made in a long time.  Though they were made in very large batches back then and were consequently probably sold for years after the actual manafacture date. 

:)

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 05:34 PM »
I've done some more homework and a work colleague who lived in Japan has confirmed the symbols are in fact the Japanese symbols for month (outside dial) and year (inside dial), and so mine is from February 1984.  I also spoke to Rene from the Gira track bike shop in Osaka, Japan and they've also confirmed that the seat is actually 1984 and that the authentic black plastic versions haven't been made in a long time.  Though they were made in very large batches back then and were consequently probably sold for years after the actual manafacture date. 

:)

My question still stands though - how do you tell an '84 from a '94?

GavinKent

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 07:18 PM »
As I understand it, those that were sold as new stock in the 90s would've been the remainder of those that were manufactured in the 80s and the year on the dial was for the 80s decade only, hence the last year digit only and no need for a reference to the decade.     

And if they'd gone on to manufacture the same model and colour into the 90s, I assume they'd have used a different dial or other means of recording the year rather than starting over again on the same dial - so they could differentiate between those manufactured in different decades - I hope!!  :D 

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2010, 12:08 PM »
It'd be good if we could get a definite answer on this - I've been looking at my NOS saddles (as I'm selling them) and none have them have a date. They are however mainly Viscount and not Kashimax.

Update - Not being able to make sense of this and being as anal as I am, I have done a little more digging. Now, I don't have any Kashimax saddles anymore so all I have to go on is other makes, but I have two dominators that have no date stamp and one that does, the red and grey do not and the black does. I also have two 90's saddles that have a date stamp, but they either have '93' in the middle to denote the year or two dials (separate month and year dial). Pictures to follow.

dj_benice

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2010, 07:10 PM »
I found this site a while back trying to work out what this date stamp was ???

http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/emperor-date.html

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2010, 11:34 PM »

dj_benice

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2010, 01:08 PM »
80's kashi aero stamp

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Kasimax Aero date

gfxgfx
gfx gfx