gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 12:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  MRD Re-issue!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: MRD Re-issue!  (Read 10150 times)

Offline aerostylie

• Cherry Picker
  • Ridin the TA (but not quite like Bob Medrano)
  • Rated:
Re: MRD Re-issue!
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2010, 06:40 PM »
A couple of better poses from the Legend  :Great_Britain:

Don't know what Tim's views are on oldskool etc but tis a shame he ain't on Rad considering his status/contribution to the UK BMX scene :(

Vans Style

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2010, 06:54 PM »
Yep Brian Curtis did braze up some early MRD's  :daumenhoch:

And Dordy, that's the second time you have got me worried this week !

gossa

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 10:46 PM »
Tim is a pretty misunderstood guy, I think he's actually pretty shy about a lot of stuff. He digs old school stuff, knows a lot from personal experience and has an encyclopedic memory. We were talking about RRS's the other day and quick as a flash he reeled off a load of stuff.  He doesn't go on forums a lot as he knows some muppet will take a potshot at him and he's only human like any of us.

Interesting thoughts though guys, i'll pass it all on.

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2010, 11:31 PM »
i have to agree with gossa,i met up with tim a couple of times recently and he has a wealth of knowledge of anything
 old school,and as gossa said i think he is just misunderstood,tim is a top bloke and a real legend :Great_Britain:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 11:33 PM by sawzall »
British race frames and race clothing wanted

gossa

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2010, 06:54 PM »
i have to agree with gossa,i met up with tim a couple of times recently and he has a wealth of knowledge of anything
 old school,and as gossa said i think he is just misunderstood,tim is a top bloke and a real legend :Great_Britain:

Ah, he mentioned you mate, said you were a top bloke too! 

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2010, 07:03 PM »
how the feck did he manage on a 20" bike, he's bigger than the honey monster. :shocked:
ding dong

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2010, 07:04 PM »
Met Tim a few times and he's always had time for a chat and been a perfect gentleman.

b45t4rd

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2010, 07:13 PM »
Tim had a rant on vintage years ago, came across as a bit of a c0ck. BUT, he is a big part of UK BMX history & definatley has passion for BMX, his replies on bmxtalk vouch for that.

It would be cool to have a new school frame from Tim, a race frame not a reissue.  :daumenhoch:

Got to say tho, even tho Tim threw a wobbler he still rules.  :daumenhoch:

Just wish he hadn't done the pecker out photo, always pops up whenever Tim gets a mention.  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 07:32 PM by vestan pance »

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2010, 09:05 PM »
met Tim a few times bitd and he always seemed ok to me, don't know what he's like now but seeing the way some people slag him off i'm surprised he has any thing to do with the scene!!
Clive are you going to be at gosport tomorrow?
andy

gossa

« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2010, 09:25 PM »
met Tim a few times bitd and he always seemed ok to me, don't know what he's like now but seeing the way some people slag him off i'm surprised he has any thing to do with the scene!!
Clive are you going to be at gosport tomorrow?
andy

Nope, i'm planning on doing wednesday night gates at bournemouth but that's about it I reckon.  I think people forget what Tim did, he spent everything he had made in BMX on MRD and didn't perhaps get the success he deserved. Anyway, lets not make this thread about the man but the metal!

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2010, 09:30 PM »
and on that note, what sort of money are we talking mate?

gossa

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2010, 09:32 PM »
I think this is really just a case of 'if he did something would peeps buy them'. If there's enough interest I guess the next stage would be get them priced up but he was pretty firm on UK built so I reckon it would be at least £400 to get a decent frame made here.

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2010, 09:40 PM »
i could live with that  :daumenhoch:

jp-rebel

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2010, 09:55 PM »
It was an MRD Pro that got me back into OS BMX 8 years ago it was my first build and still my regular rider to this day,AWSOME Frames :4_17_5: :Great_Britain: I would be defo interested in a re-issue retro or retro inspired new school like the Kappa's would be cool.Saying that though if it was priced around £400 that would blow my interest out of out of the water.Maybe if it was supplied in an un-finished Raw state that would keep down production and retail costs and make for some really creative builds.
On an intresting note about 5 years ago when my Pro was going through one of it's many tranformations, in my search for some Nos MRD decals I contacted Alan Woods and he asked me if mine was a XL (which it is not) as Tim was looking for one to use in one of Alans Old School race events!

magna13

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2010, 10:03 PM »
The only known Pro XL (i know of) is Steve's which is a masterpeice  :smitten:

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2010, 08:58 PM »
I would personally like Tim 2 get back involved in BMX of any form  ;) Would love him 2 c all our builds at MK this year . he is welcome if he wants 2 thrash my MRD Pro round the track anytime  8) Yep I got one of his old frames but didn't know what I'd got till he ID'ed it on Talk . No comment on what he should do cos thats his call. really hard 4 me 2 comment really cos I am such a MRD fan and nut  :LolLolLolLol:

gossa

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2010, 09:01 PM »
I would personally like Tim 2 get back involved in BMX of any form  ;) Would love him 2 c all our builds at MK this year . he is welcome if he wants 2 thrash my MRD Pro round the track anytime  8) Yep I got one of his old frames but didn't know what I'd got till he ID'ed it on Talk . No comment on what he should do cos thats his call. really hard 4 me 2 comment really cos I am such a MRD fan and nut  :LolLolLolLol:

Tim's never not been involved, he's always kept a bike and rode on the sly, his son is mint on a bike too.  I'll personally try and drag him up to MK this year if I do nothing else.

Offline Darren Wood

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2010, 09:11 PM »

Tim's never not been involved, he's always kept a bike and rode on the sly, his son is mint on a bike too.  I'll personally try and drag him up to MK this year if I do nothing else.
But Clive who"s going to drag you there ?  ;D

WOODY  :4_17_5:

gossa

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2010, 09:39 PM »
Touche Mr Wood! I AM COMING!! MY goal is to hand deliver a well restored JAG cruiser to it's rightful owner!!

magna13

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2010, 09:42 PM »
me got a feeling MK is gonan be a good one this year  :daumenhoch:

mrd

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2010, 11:07 AM »
Following on from Clives thread. I think it highly unlikely i will make any retro bikes of any kind. Clive mentioned it to me as GHP were doing some but i really have very little that's good to say about the motivations i personally might have for doing a re issue. I like the idea that whats out there is out there and that's it. I have just found some frame stickers so that will help the owners of MRDs to at least get the right decals on their bikes and i have also unearthed some new (old) race plates. Apparently me mentioning that they are for sale on this site will incur a cost so this post might be taken down. As for making something new, more than likely. What will it be? i'll let you know when i know.

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2010, 04:40 PM »

if you sell the plates put em up on here for sale, sure bill will waiver the listing fee

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2010, 06:06 PM »
Hmmmmmmmm, number plates.  :smitten: :smitten:
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline Del

• Look Back
  • Re-living my youth!
  • Rated:
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2010, 06:47 PM »
hmmm decals!!!  :smitten: :smitten:

motomagII

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2010, 07:12 PM »
hmmm decals!!!  :smitten: :smitten:

wondered how long till you noticed this post matey

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  MRD Re-issue!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx