gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 07:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  will colored skyways be harmed if left in water with a bit of bleach in?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: will colored skyways be harmed if left in water with a bit of bleach in?  (Read 959 times)

skyway or the highway

I saw that skyway bleaching guide posted by 2Fresh, very useful. Will the color of other skyways be affected if soaked in water with just a little bleach, does anyone know?

"here's another fine mess you've gotten me into"

Offline oberonspacefruit

• BMX Legend
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
firstly, why would you want to do that? what are you trying to do?

what colour are they? there are better ways of cleaning skyways, if thats what your after...
I want to touch ORB

Jazzchimp

There are loads of posts on here about cleaning the muddy funksters if you search

Personally Ajax them as hard as you can!!

sam hudson

Forget the water,thin bleach em,litres of it.My white Skyways were in a bin full off neat thin bleach for three weeks and they came out nice.As the lads say,ajax works,so does fine sandpaper(they have to be really poor for that though).
Just dont try bead blasting,its too strong(unless you get a blaster who has a low powered blaster).

Bren Gunn

I wouldn't think bleach would be a good idea on any Tuffs unless they are white, and if you do go down that road, you must keep an eye on the alloy hubs, the bleach can eat them.

If you need to get them back to an even colour, dye them with Dylon. Check the Tech section for the thread.

:daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  will colored skyways be harmed if left in water with a bit of bleach in?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx